StudentsReview ™ :: Alabama State University - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Alabama State University

Alabama State University has been by far most

Apr 08 2013Cultures/Civilization
Alabama State University has been by far most the best thing that has happened to me. As a male coming from the huge city Los Angeles, California I have learned to adjust to the more slower and calmer pace that is in Montgomery, Alabama. When I first arrived, I knew that I would hate ASU because it is such a southern and racist state. I never knew that I could adjust to love Alabama State University the way I do now. We have plenty of parties on campus and some times campus is really boring. In the city of Montgomery, you will need a car or some friends with a car to go anywhere. Not everyone here is friendly, but some people are really friendly (Southern Hospitality). I wish that the greeks actually stepped more on campus. Also, the facilities on campus are being renovated but I feel like things such as broken lights or utilities should be fixed more quickly considering the fact that we are a institution of high learning. We pay outstanding tuition and therefore, we should see our monies being put to use. Again, our campus is near the GHETTO, so there should be much more policing throughout the campus, because people from the nearby hoods can walk onto our campus sometimes, even though they are stopped, it is still risky. Other than that, I love ASU !!! GO HORNETS!!!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C-
Apr 15 2011Art & Design Department

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. SO MANY BLACK GUYS :) :) :) :) :)Plus the art program is wonderful.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: C-
Nov 20 2009Social Work

You will succeed if you want to succeed and learn if you want to learn, also the faculty / staff show an interest in you.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2011