StudentsReview :: Alabama State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR
California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Alabama State University

Feb 03 2009Unknown

Alabama State University is a excellent school to attend.

4th Year Female -- Class 2004
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B

Alabama State University is a University for the

Oct 21 2008Accounting
Alabama State University is a University for the students and not just about the people running the University. It is about family and the teachers and staff give every opportunity to the students to complete their assignments and every opportunity to better themselves. The organizations, fraternities and sororities are not just about a name but about accomplishments and giving back to the community. ASU is truly a diverse University for all students of every background. Enjoy!
1st Year Male -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: D+

I love Alabama State University, which is actually

Jul 10 2008Business - Management and Administration
I love Alabama State University, which is actually quite surprising, especially to me. I came to ASU only because I made a deal with my parents that I would use my full academic scholarship for one year and then transfer to a different school where I got a smaller academic scholarship. Upon arriving I was sure I'd hate it and want to leave immediately, but soon fell in love with the faculty and the atmosphere. Many of the students I am exposed to have a genuine want to learn, and I feel that it is unfair that we sometimes get a bad rap because of a few bad apples. There are some really great programs that you can get into and because it is such a small school, there is not alot of competition. For instance, I have been sent abroad twice during my three years at ASU at the expense of the school to do foreign studies. Amazing experiences with a great faculty and classmates have made this a great situation for me all the way around. The only thing that I would warn new students about is that the administrative system is a bit bureaucratic - so be prepared to have to go through some red tape at times to get things done! Persistence is key.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2009