StudentsReview :: Troy State University - Montgomery - Comments and Student Experiences

Rice University -- Houston, TX
Case Western Reserve University -- Cleveland, OH

Troy State University - Montgomery

I'm graduate of Auburn University Montgomery.BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I'm graduate of Auburn University Montgomery. The faculty and staff at AUM was great. They assisted students in every aspect of matriculation at the University. They provide feedback immediately. This is my first semester (session) at Troy University the Montgomery Campus. From admissions to financial aid to registrations to getting transcripts I have had a ton of problems.

First, Admissions: I when I submitted my application for admissions into the Graduate program at Troy, I had to contact Troy University several times for a status of my application. It took them a month to send me a letter saying that some information was missing in my application and I needed to submit the information. Well, I submitted the missing information and it took another month to hear back from them.

Second, Financial Aid: Once I was accepted at Troy University Montgomery, I prepared my financial aid paperwork and sent it to the school. Again, I submitted my paperwork in March and I didn't hear from Troy. So, in May I contact Troy University asking them when I will receive my financial aid award information, that's when they said I had a hold on my account. I ask how could I have a hold on my account if I never attended this school before? They said they automatically put a housing and health insurance hold on your account. (They never gave me a good reason why this happens) After contacted Troy University main campus to get this holds resolved the Montgomery Campus then said I had a financial aid hold on my account because of missing paperwork. I then ask them how I had missing paperwork because I submitted everything required based on the vague website. Well they sent me around in circles. I had to contact people at the Montgomery Campus then the Montgomery Campus told me to call the main campus and then the main campus told me to call the Montgomery Campus, and so on and so on. I finally got mad and cursed one of the Reps. on the 800 number and hung up. I then sent an email to one of the Financial Aid Counselor who finally told me that the Montgomery Campus sends all of the Financial Aid paperwork to the main campus. I contacted someone at the main campus again for them to tell me I don't have a hold on my account and I should receive my financial aid award in a week. Even though Troy Montgomery is now connected to the main campus everything I need should be done at this campus and I should not have to contact the main campus for anything.

Third, registration: The registration process at Troy University is pathetic. Yall need major improvement

Fourth, Transcript: Troy Montgomery campus offer classes in sessions( nine weeks long) and the main campus offer classes in semesters. The 1st session classes were over in October and I needed a transcript for my job so I order one. (I do not believe students currently enrolled should have to pay for official transcripts). I ordered the transcript and received an email saying my transcript was mailed. One month went by and I still didn't receive my transcript. So, again I contacted Troy and they sent me to the main campus. I found out that transcripts are only updated at the end of the semester. If I complete a class my transcript should be updated when I complete that class not later. Troy University really needs to update their systems. All of this tutition money I pay and they are this lazy? And they wonder why nobody wants to attend this school.

Four TrojanWebTrojan Web is garbage of a system. Troy needs to update their systems and begin using Webster. AUM has Webster and I never had a problem finding any information. If there was a hold on my account I would be able to see it in Webster and I would clear it up immediately. Troy you want know you have a hold until you try to do something with the school (registration or financial aid). A student should not have to contact the school every semester to find out if a hold exist on their accounts. We should be able to view holds in our account. Troy University charges all of these additional fees but you don't see where that money is used. I had a Professional Dr. Campbell for Managerial Accounting that taught the importance of cost accounting and how it shows a company the value added and non value of cost. Troy University needs to do an ABC (Activity Based Costing) process to identify the weaknesses of their current process to stop wasting students tuitions.

1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: B, University Resource Use/ spending: C
It asks if I would go to anotherBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
It asks if I would go to another university...I don't have a choice. I moved to Texas and Troy isn't certified to teach here. The state made them close down their sites in Texas. And if Troy-Montgomery is any hint as to what I was in for, I'd be going to another school anyway. The montgomery campus was the pits. The faculty was extremely poor, the counselors did not know the rules or what was going on, and the school itself just wanted your money. And it was located in a bad part of town. When I came to Texas, Incarnate Word accepted all my stuff and I will be finishing up with them at about the same time I would have with Troy. So having montgomery screw me over and then getting to Texas and finding out that Troy was shut down by the state...all that has made me go to a better school with a better reputation.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2009
University Resource Use/ spending: C, Social Life: F
Not so bright
If you're moving to Texas you can forget about Troy. The state shut them down and made them close their sites.
1st Year Female -- Class 2012