StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama Huntsville - Comments and Student Experiences

Auburn University -- Auburn University, AL

The University of Alabama Huntsville

This is the school

May 13 2013Electrical Engineering
This is the school to go to for electrical engineering. If you have any desire to pursue a career in the engineering field UAH is the college for you.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B

UAH is a great

Apr 17 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
UAH is a great school with plenty to offer anyone pursuing a degree for the purpose of pursuing a career. There is plenty of fun to be had but lots of learning as well.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Education Quality: F

I come from an international background and was

Mar 24 2014Business - Management and Administration
I come from an international background and was not sure as to what expect when coming to school in Huntsville, AL. However, since day one I have felt at home at UAH. Everyone has been really friendly including teachers, administration, and students. Huntsville definitely stands out from other cities in AL attracting a quite multicultural and technological advanced community thanks to the Space and Rocket Center.

I initially came to UAH because I was recruited to play on the tennis team. I have become very involved on campus in different clubs, as well joined a sorority my sophomore year. Social life is what you make it at UAH. It is not going to pop out at you...you have to look for it. Nevertheless, the size of our community enables you to find your preferred social scene pretty easily. Greeks and athletes have a large presence on campus, being the main ones who throw the parties. The downtown bars/clubs scene is visited by much of the same crowd. However, I think that this is probably a minority at UAH as most students are either commuters or prefer to stay in.

Engineering is a big deal at UAH since it is so close to the Redstone Arsenal. The Nursing program is pretty big here too. The College of Business is nationally ranked and is among the top 10% of the nation. The GE classes can start off pretty "easy" but then as you get further along into your major program, classes become more challenging. Students help each other out and create study groups together. My teachers have always been open and easy-accessible.

Most notably, I have found a great group of friends here who I know I will have for a lifetime.
UAH has provided my the opportunity to go to grad school as I am now looking at acceptances to continue my graduate studies at Boston University, George Washington University and The University of Denver.

I would not exchange my experience at UAH for anything. Good luck and go Chargers!

4th Year Female -- Class 2014