StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Chicago -- Chicago, IL
Northwestern University -- Evanston, IL
Northeastern Illinois University -- Chicago, IL

The University of Alabama

It is honestly not worth the struggle you

Nov 23 2013Education
It is honestly not worth the struggle you will go through!If you are taking out student loans DO NOT GO HERE. If your do not have to take out loans then go here. I moved back home after two years of being there because I was so depressed. Now I a trying to go to Depaul University and Alabama is making this impossible by trying to tell me I have over 3,000 in unpaid classes that I never took. I have been trying for four months now to get this solved and the University is telling me that it is my fault. Once you are out of UA they truly do not care about you and will hassle you for every penny you have and not care about you at all. Its honestly not worth it and they are such a scam!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: F

This university was great at first

Aug 22 2013Finance
This university was great at first. Now it just plain sucks! The Greek system overruns campus badly, too the point that you feel like your a loner. 9/10 of my classes are filled with nothing but snoody Greeks, guys and girls. They think their shit doesn't stink. The school advertises only a 30% Greek pop. And that is far from the truth. I would go as far as too say 60/40. If you plan on taking business, quit now ; go to UAB. The business school is over populated. They require you to take these classes that are bullshit and basically make you spend good money on worthless classes!
4th Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

I cannot believe the amount of foreign professors

Aug 22 2013Computer Science
I cannot believe the amount of foreign professors here at the UofA, it is appalling to charge the amount of money this institution charges and the professors can barley speak English; but yet it's our problem to deal with. If you don't like it leave is basically what I've been told. The math programs here are a joke. The majority of the teachers are in training and learning to become a teacher, which is fine but don't hold me accountable for the poor quality of learning environment I am subject too. It would be more than fine if I wasn't actually graded based on what I learned those classes. My recommendation, learn your math elsewhere. Other than that the sorority and fraternity people overrun the campus with their new buildings on every corner of the campus. The school has grown super fast over the past 4-6 years that the campus has become over crowded and one would feel like they are fighting the spring break crowd at the beach.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015