StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama - Comments and Student Experiences

Northwestern University -- Evanston, IL
Northeastern Illinois University -- Chicago, IL

The University of Alabama

Jul 12 2012Finance

Great Finance department. I will miss Bama. Hope to come back to many more football games in the future.

4th Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: A-

If you want a worthless piece of paper

May 23 2012Unknown
If you want a worthless piece of paper (UA degree) that will never help at all toward a future career. Go to the University of Alabama. You may be unemployed and broke for the rest of your life, but at least you will be able to brag about college football to the rest of the homeless people you will be living with on the streets.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I am a Bama by Distance Student and

May 01 2013Nutrition
I am a Bama by Distance Student and I have to say that I hope the traditional programs are better than the distance. My professors don't respond to emails, sometimes for weeks or months, assignments go ungraded from the beginning of the semester until the last week of class when you're trying to study for finals. I have found that when I do ask questions from the professors the answers are vague and typically not helpful. Also I do an incredible amount of busy work. I appreciate having assignments during classes as it allows you to practice what you're learning but a few classes have 10+ hours of busy work per week...that doesn't include reading or listening to lectures. Plus, in the year I've been here, my degree plan requirements have changed 3 times and this last semester a class that's required to be taken at UA and was supposed to be offered wasn't available to distance students...um, it's a little too much to expect me to commute from Texas to Tuscaloosa twice a week. If they're going to require classes be taken there they should be offered at least once per year.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013