StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama - Comments and Student Experiences

Northwestern University -- Evanston, IL
Northeastern Illinois University -- Chicago, IL

The University of Alabama

May 06 2012Music Education

UA is the perfect school for my undergrad! Great teachers, great campus, great place to attend school!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Innovation: A-

The KING of all

Mar 14 2012Business - Management and Administration
The KING of all degree mills. For all of you thousands of UA students who have graduated and realized that your UA degree is totally useless. You are not alone.
Starting Job: unemployment Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I graduated high school a year early, which

Apr 20 2012Biology
I graduated high school a year early, which put me in a bad position where I was rushed to pick a college. I easily maintained a 4.0 unweighted GPA in high school and participated in a great deal of extracurricular activities. The main reason I went to this school was because they gave me an enormous scholarship and I knew people here (which was a stupid thing that shouldn't have been factored in my decision). I could've easily gotten into my ideal school (Rhodes in Memphis, TN) had I not thought so much about the financial aid aspect of my decision.

People at this school are typically obsessed with Alabama football and getting absolutely smashed Thur-Sun. This isn't the place you want to go if you're an introverted person. The Greek system rules the school.

Joining clubs has also been a difficult feat. As an LGBT student, the GSA on campus is quite hypocritical in that it preaches acceptance, but remains quite exclusive, even to trans* students. Most other clubs have a similar degree of exclusivity. I plan on transferring for spring 2013.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015