StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama - Comments and Student Experiences

Northwestern University -- Evanston, IL
Northeastern Illinois University -- Chicago, IL

The University of Alabama

May 06 2012Music Education

UA is the perfect school for my undergrad! Great teachers, great campus, great place to attend school!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Innovation: A-

If you want a worthless piece of paper

May 23 2012Unknown
If you want a worthless piece of paper (UA degree) that will never help at all toward a future career. Go to the University of Alabama. You may be unemployed and broke for the rest of your life, but at least you will be able to brag about college football to the rest of the homeless people you will be living with on the streets.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I graduated high school a year early, which

Apr 20 2012Biology
I graduated high school a year early, which put me in a bad position where I was rushed to pick a college. I easily maintained a 4.0 unweighted GPA in high school and participated in a great deal of extracurricular activities. The main reason I went to this school was because they gave me an enormous scholarship and I knew people here (which was a stupid thing that shouldn't have been factored in my decision). I could've easily gotten into my ideal school (Rhodes in Memphis, TN) had I not thought so much about the financial aid aspect of my decision.

People at this school are typically obsessed with Alabama football and getting absolutely smashed Thur-Sun. This isn't the place you want to go if you're an introverted person. The Greek system rules the school.

Joining clubs has also been a difficult feat. As an LGBT student, the GSA on campus is quite hypocritical in that it preaches acceptance, but remains quite exclusive, even to trans* students. Most other clubs have a similar degree of exclusivity. I plan on transferring for spring 2013.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015