StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama - Comments and Student Experiences

Northeastern Illinois University -- Chicago, IL

The University of Alabama

If u want to

Apr 12 2014Accounting
If u want to learn something really useful, this school is not your choice. If u just want to waste time here for some Greek life with the sothern farmer it is ur place.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Scholastic Success: D
Jul 27 2010English

Wish I had the smarts to have gotten a degree in accounting.

Starting Job: Reporter Preparedness: C- Reputation: C

I graduated high school a year early, which

Apr 20 2012Biology
I graduated high school a year early, which put me in a bad position where I was rushed to pick a college. I easily maintained a 4.0 unweighted GPA in high school and participated in a great deal of extracurricular activities. The main reason I went to this school was because they gave me an enormous scholarship and I knew people here (which was a stupid thing that shouldn't have been factored in my decision). I could've easily gotten into my ideal school (Rhodes in Memphis, TN) had I not thought so much about the financial aid aspect of my decision.

People at this school are typically obsessed with Alabama football and getting absolutely smashed Thur-Sun. This isn't the place you want to go if you're an introverted person. The Greek system rules the school.

Joining clubs has also been a difficult feat. As an LGBT student, the GSA on campus is quite hypocritical in that it preaches acceptance, but remains quite exclusive, even to trans* students. Most other clubs have a similar degree of exclusivity. I plan on transferring for spring 2013.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015