StudentsReview :: The University of Montevallo - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Illinois -- Chicago, IL

The University of Montevallo

U of M was an AWESOME place for me.Quite BrightMusic Education
U of M was an AWESOME place for me. The students in my degree program were like family, we were able to utilize our degree skills at a professional level in the extracrurruicular activities (College Night!), the campus was beautiful and idyllic, I was actually friends with my professors, and my fraternity was both affirming and life changing.

I thank God I went to U of M - I did one year at UAB before this, and it was a nightmare.Come here if you value education and relationships over cheap entertainment and distraction.

4th Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D
UM is a great little school.BrightAccounting
UM is a great little school. Folks are friendly and it is truly a community. The President, Dr. Stewart and all the VPs have open door policies so that when they are in their offices you can walk right in and talk with them.

It does not have some of the amenities of large universities, but it also does not have the snooty greek life or SGA scene that those schools have.UM is different, but in a good way.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A, Social Life: B-
Now I'm finally free from the pits ofSuper BrilliantArt & Design Department
Now I'm finally free from the pits of hell that is Montevallo! I commented before and I'll say again that there were a lot of undercover racist people at this school. I was never one of those minority students that changed her ways to fit in with another race. If you can't accept me for who I am then good day to you! I want to comment that I stayed in Tutwiler my last semester at Montevallo and the fat racist R.A kept running into my room and trying to catch it unclean. My room was next to the bathroom which smelled horrible! White chicks would be in that bathroom sick every night! Stinking up the halls...There were many complaints and who you think they were going blame it on? Oh no not the bathroom with bugs and crap smeared all on the toilet! Guess again! what was that? Bingo! It was me! The R.A comes in my room saying you need to clean your room because we have been getting complaints. I was so shocked. I told housing and reported that racist shhhh...You accuse me of smelling like a public bathroom...I mean what do you think I'm doing in my room? Cooking a big pot of behinds? Also, who comes to check your room to see if that one spot on your window seal is gone. They can't stand to see a minority with a clean room... Now let me talk about the roommates who asked me how my day was when they ran from me outside and walked pass me without speaking. What the heck do you mean how my day was? With your stuck up ethnocentric self! Now in the art department you have to be perfect because I came in 2010 fall and that was a time they tried their best to fail me in art. How can you fail somebody for their talent? They always told me to do my drawings more 3D, but you tell me how those flat unrealistic and amateur drawings are hanging on the wall? I would have left earlier, but I was determined to be an artist, but it was like a bad relationship that you have to learn to let go of because it will only hurt you and not profit you. I am a great actress! I've gotten many compliments and even dropped jaws. The Theatre department will never hold a great black artist back! Never! Too much talent(excuse me) There are so many prejudice and stuck up women at this school that I just stayed to my self. I heard people say she always walking by herself and a bunch of negative stuff...well let me say this to you people...I needed to be alone and I freaking loved every minute of it! It helped me to be more productive... Instead of worrying about me and pointing me out you need to point yourself out and ask yourself why you enjoy attending that school...then come to the answer that it's because your crazy! Don't try to point me out to make yourself feel better. Those people you were around probably weren't your friends anyway! People at Montevallo really got some issues...If you are crazy you will blend in well just like smoothie! A lot of people were jealous of me because they think I look nice, and they wanted me to look like a beaver with a skirt on. Montevallo might depress you and have you down. You don't have to stay down. All you can do is stay in your room and eat Moes all day until you actually become a burrito. People here were rude and they would say stuff so you could hear it, but it lets you know these people are not about anything but madness. They make up stuff on you even if they know nothing. Montevallo is too high school. People were also saying that isn't her hair...It just crazy because I can cut my hair and it will grow back. I assure anyone that I have more hair than their entire family! I don't mean to brag, but if I ever wore fake hair it was just to do it. It was an option and not a necessity! You don't and didn't know me well enough to say what I have going for me. I know it's not fair that I can have so much lol. I know this is beyond the school, but I had to mention everything that I disliked. I'm just being honest. I'm not hiding that I'm that light skin girl that you probably saw a couple of times on campus, and that you were so nosey about... Montevallo I will be one of your richest students, and you will regret being close-minded! I hope through my story of racism and jealously that I have helped someone make a decision. I advise people who have common sense and maturity to transfer or whatever ever you do for the love of God! DO NOT FILL OUT THAT APPLICATION!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2018