StudentsReview :: Arkansas State University - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Arkansas State University

ASU would be a better school if we

Jan 05 2002Undecided
ASU would be a better school if we didn't pay such an expensive tuition forsomething that most of the students that are here are not goimg to use or do not use while we are here.School here to me is a big rip off, because we pay all of this tuition and fees and we have the one sorriest sports programs in the nation and we pay to get into all of the oncampus activities except for rinky dink functions. That's why I plan to transfer to another school(out of state preferably!)

I personally think ASU is a really great

Aug 17 2001Political Science
I personally think ASU is a really great place to get an education. Though I did not think it would be the best school ever, it turns out that I love it. The professors I have had have been wonderful. They are always willing to help with or explain anything you need. Also, there are so many opportunities to become involved on campus-you just have to want it enough to show up. The only major problem with ASU is their emphasis on athletics. Each year, we have a budget with a deficit even AFTER they dip into the academic budget to fund a football team that brings in 0 revenue. Aside from that, I believe ASU is a great school & I would encourage people to check it out.
1st Year Female -- Class 2004
Useful Schoolwork: A+, University Resource Use: D

Arkansas State University may be a good college

Feb 03 2003Undecided
Arkansas State University may be a good college... for people that never want to leave the state. ASU teaches nothing to people who would like to get out of this hellhole. They don't let students know what life is like in the 'real world' and the classes all assume that students want to spend the rest of their lives in Arkansas working at some rundown doctors office in a town with a population of 75 and the biggest entertainment being the local Wal-Mart. The campus at ASU is quite nice as well as the library and the excess of technology available for students. Our tuition is well spent for the most part, and disregarding the dorms, the school is pretty much well taken care of. The only other problem I have with ASU is that most of the teachers and students are all close minded. God damn christian obsessed rednecks. Read a book.
1st Year Male -- Class 2006