StudentsReview :: Arkansas State University - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Arkansas State University

Mar 18 2012Criminal

Cost too high and still have to pay for parking on top of all the other cost.

1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: F

Arkansas State university is in small town jonesboro

Feb 11 2011Business - Management and Administration
Arkansas State university is in small town jonesboro where most of the ppl are arrogant and RED NECK.Being an International student I faced too much racisim not in my job but in my department.My Dean Dr william ROE is Red neck guy and he hates Asian.Many times he passed racial comments.Dean is not at all flexible and don't know how to run department.He only want gmat score no matter you got 3 C grades in your MBA and you are not good enough to be MBA graduate.MBA program has value only in Arkansas and specially in Jonesboro and out side Jonesboro you are nothing.

Asumh is the third college that I have

Jan 22 2014Other
Asumh is the third college that I have attended. I know from the other two community colleges that I attended, they claim to have job placement, only to find out they don't. I spoke to someone at ASUMH about their funeral Science program. They told me that they were accredited and had job placement. I asked them about job placement since they had it and again they assured me that they had job placement. I signed up for the course. About the last two semesters of the course, you have 3 and now this semester 4, classes that require you to do the classwork at a funeral home. Students are told that the school will help get them into a funeral home, since it is almost impossible to get into one. Well, to cut everything short, they do not do job placement, or help get you in for your required classes and tell you that it is your job to do it and there is not enough hands on training. some instructors tell you to email them with a problem or question, but then they don't respond, respond too late, or answer the email with a smart remark and not even answer your question. They never have all your required books at the book store by the time classes start. If you need tutoring, you might as well forget that too. They claim to have it, but when you go they say," I don't know how to do it, but I will try to help". Since almost all the tests and homework is online, there have been problems with students not getting credit for work and tests, do to submitting problems.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014