The University of Arkansas
The University of Arkansas - Comments and Student Experiences|
A lot of the comments on here are about how greek life "rules" the school and if you're not in a fraternity/sorority then you have no social life. I think this may, unfortunately, be true for a lot of people but I personally know TONS of students not affiliated with greek life who have many friends. I have friends in greek life and not in greek life too. I'm sure your major has a lot to do with your experience here. Academically, some parts of this school are much better than others from what I've heard and a little from what I've experienced. The School of Engineering is great and you'll meet so many good, smart, fun, and nice people. Smart undergrad students are being accepted to Vanderbilt, UNC-Chapel Hill, Boston U, Tulane, and other amazing programs.
Being a pre-med student has also helped me make friends. A lot of my closest friends are pre-med or engineering as well and we all struggle/study together and it's terrible but a fun time too. Classes are challenging! I know very few people who just seem to always know the answer to everything. I have been very fortunate enough to know a lot of Honors College Fellows who are truly Ivy League tier students who just didn't get into Columbia/Yale or something, or just want to save six-digits worth of debt.
The extracurriculars here are pretty great too. There are so many clubs for so many interests. Getting involved may be a little difficult. After an initial "club fair" at the beginning of the school, you don't hear much about club meetings or events so try to be proactive about that. I even started a club and everyone in the office of student affairs was SO supportive and helpful.
Pre-med students:You will get all of the classes here necessary for med-school/MCAT. There are only two pre-med advisors but they always have time to meet (I even called one on their cell-phone once because of a pre-med emergency). There are a lot of hospitals/clinics in the area as well at which to volunteer.
1) Students are Racist here dont go here
2) The Walton College is for redneck Greek life rich dudes who will talk bad about you and the college will do anything for them.
3) If your in Greek Life here your professors will do anything to curve u even if u have a 74 to a 80. When I have a 77 and get an C. Happens to much here
4) Most classes are only based off tests hear
5) The Renters community is not friendly and they are racist please stick with Lindsey Apartments dont go anywhere else.
6) African Americans here are also really prejudice against all races for some reason, even if I'm friendly to them.
7) If you are harassed at your workplace and set up constantly and the ACLU dosent respond its normal I think.
8) I ran for student government I made 1000 cards and gave it out to people, and they claim its an election violation? Freedom of speech! Greek Life is only allowed in ASG and the University is fine with that.
9) I have met some good friends here however just not many too many rich racist people who will set you up if your friendly with them.
10) Some professors are just rude and aggressive against u and your counselor will be a middle aged-ed woman who hates men and has a knife behind her back.11) If your Greek Life and White u will love it here, enjoy your white trash assmophere!!
Are you a student and about to sign the very first lease in your li... more→