StudentsReview :: Collins College - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Collins College

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO TOQuite BrightFine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO TO A REAL COLLEGE
I've been through the college system, got my AA at a community college cuz its cheaper, then i went to collins, its a complete waste of time. They spend their time acting like there are the best place for u, care and even waste time talking to ur parents so they can make u "think" they care. Once u get there its a joke. Nothing like college should be. It's easy as hell, in fact if u fail, ur ether really stupid or not paying attention to the little that is being taught. The faculty are nice yes, but have no teaching skills what so ever. In fact only some of them actually having a teaching degree(hence the "YOUR PASSION IS OUR PROFESSION").

It's a loud of crap. i actually have after effects being "taught" to me by a collins grad, who only graduated 2 yrs ago, how much experience can this kid have!

The whole school is a scam, do urself a favor and take the time to find an actual college, not a money grabbing joke.

However, if for some reason u decide to go, don't use the housing department, u get charged 50% more then what ur apartment is actually worth, u share a tiny ass apartment with 3 other ppl and share a room,IT'S NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE AND STRESS

3rd Year Female -- Class 2013
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F
Honestly, you can read as many reviews asQuite BrightVideo/Media
Honestly, you can read as many reviews as you want, i read some and think, if you didnt like the school why did you go, or that sounds like someone who works for the school wrote it. I Personally have been attending the school for Video, School is what you make of it. A lot of the kids that attend the school, are the type that were expecting to sit around and get an easy degree, you get out what you put in. so if you put nothing in, then you wont have a good time.

i have an associates degree and i am working on a bachelors degree, the school itself. is a very nice campus. Its new and up-to-date. The faculty is actually friendly. honestly , some of the general education courses, are a joke, i found that i learned more in some of these classes in high school. yet i find that the actual course classes are challenging and fun. In my associates, i found their were some flaws. as in everything, i wasn't expecting a perfect program, yet thats why the associates was dissolved and now there is only a bachelors degree. The cost is high, yet it can be worth it if you put your 2 cents into the picture. Alot of these kids sit around and do nothing. I have heard alot of bad things about the game design degree, yet i can not speak on that behalf. My main problem with this school, is the price of books and supplies, they do overcharge alot, if you can afford it, buy your books and supplies on your own, otherwise then that i would give this school a B average.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2012
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Extracurricular Activities: C+
I'm a 41 year old Black father ofQuite BrightFine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I'm a 41 year old Black father of five first year film/video student. Collins is awesome. I've noticed that some of the other students around me aren't succeeding but from what I can see it is their doing. First, attend class EVERY DAY!! Next, come to learn, this isn't high school. Be professional. Don't expect these professors to give you anything except the program they're teaching. I love this school because they are straight forward with what they expect from me and they give me the tools to succeed. I'm pullin' a 4.0 right now and that's because I haven't missed any days and I do what the professors ask of me and then some. I'm trying to get the most out of this and the only way I'm going to be able to do that is to give my best effort. Trust me, when you meet with future employers, what they expect from you is your BEST PROFESSIONAL EFFORT. If you pay attention in class and your environment(other students) you'll be able to learn what you need at Collins. Don't expect everything to be the way you want it. If you're smart, you'll look forward to ANY obstacles because without challenges your effort is worthless.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014