StudentsReview ™ :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

Campus News: Feeling foul

Wow, I thought this was my dream school

May 07 2007Communications
Wow, I thought this was my dream school to attend due to the sweet weather and college town, and good reputation but I was wrong. I am not even attending this place after a year of hassles. They lost my community college transcript twice, they misplaced my application on file, it took 8 months to find out I got accepted, they told me to send the wrong forms for financial aid and lost them anyway, and were no help in any department in talking to. (Admissions, Computer Help, Advising and Financial Aid). I tried complaining to everyone and no one cared. You are honestly just a number to them and my dream has been shattered by a lack of organization and caring. Instead I'm going to go to the University of Arizona.

ASU is a great

Mar 06 2007Urban Planning
ASU is a great school if you are from Cali living off dad's credit card. Everyone sucks, school sucks, I feel like im back in 9th grade. F*&^ ASU bunch of Cali air heads and "Gods Gift to Earth." I will never come back, and will never recomend ASU. Pres. Crow can put his thumb in his A$$, Cock Bag!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2009
Campus Maintenance: B+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

I came here out-of-state for the amazing national

Oct 20 2006English
I came here out-of-state for the amazing national merit scholarship, like several hundred other students. Financially, this has been a major plus. The school though, is a disappointment. It is extremely rare to have a sustained intellectual conversation with anyone; even the honors students here are mediocre. After freshmen year, the majority of people at ASU move off campus and become commuter students-- it feels like a giant community college. In terms of clubs and/or activities, there are only two choices: drinking and religion (or both). Most of the campus is fairly ugly-- most of the buildings, including the brand new ones are prime examples of "brutalist" architecture. You won't find a large grassy quad with students playing frisbee here. Tempe and the Phoenix area can have their charms and have some interesting spots to check out, but anybody that's ever seen a real college town (such as Boulder) won't be fooled. If you're thinking about coming here because of a scholarship, ask yourself what's more important-- the money or having a decent college experience.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2008