StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

I hate ASU, they only want money and

Jul 23 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I hate ASU, they only want money and are only interested in funding their stupid sports program. They "don't allow" underage drinking or illegal substances, yet do nothing if they discover someone breaking the rule/law. Party school to the extreme. Many students are rude, think they're "soooo coool" and unwelcoming toward the serious students who are actually there to learn and study.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: B+, Individual Value: F

Charges you random fees

May 14 2014Psychology
Charges you random fees upon graduation with no advance notice. Lets you go by through semesters not knowing you have an outstanding balance when they said all charges was paid in full at the beginning of the year.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
University Resource Use: B, Individual Value: F

I am a resident of VA

Sep 06 2014Finance
I am a resident of VA. My son attends ASU. On Sept 5 the Tempe Police stormed into my sons apartment at University Place. My son was eating a hamburger watching TV and his roommate was asleep. The police came in accused him of drinking (he had not been, a breath test confirmed this) They accused him of throwing cans from his apartment. He was not there at the time of the incident. They arrested him for disorderly conduct when he protested being arrested for no good reason.

The Tempe police denied my son a phone call and took his cell phone away from him. My son was forced to stay the night in jail which he said was terrifying. The next morning he was shackled, yes shackled and brought into the Court to hear the charges against him. The D.A. said he could pay 150.00 to go to a reform class and the charges would be expunged from his record.

I am in disbelief and am appalled at the manner the police treated my son. Guilty until proven innocent. Is this really the way Tempe AZ wants to be seen?

This is a boy who has NEVER been in any trouble of any sort. He is level headed and smart. He really wanted to attend A.S.U. but now I hope to transfer him out of the state as our whole family is very disillusioned with the ?Police State? of Tempe.

I work in the travel industry. I will not hesitate to inform my clients of this incident when looking for venues for events.

This incident should be an embarrassment to the City of Tempe, A.S.U. and Maricopa County.
Sincerely,