StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

Campus News:

Saying goodbye

This is not a 'non-traditional student-friendly' environment

Apr 30 2013Unknown
This is not a 'non-traditional student-friendly' environment. My needs specific to me were not understood, recognized and in no way was I helped. I was treated a s anumber, a percentage, a statistic and many time I sought help, I was refused meetings with my own dean. ASU is also racist. If you're not an athlete, don't bother. They want your money, force you to buy expensive books that you rarely use and most times will not buy back. This university is a business, not an educational insitution. You're buying your degree. They also were not helpful with teachers who did not recognize my disability. Waste of money.

I am currently in my first "block" of

Apr 16 2013Education
I am currently in my first "block" of the Elementary Ed program on the West Campus. It is absolute CRAP! The internship placements are crap- they don't listen to your needs and won't take responsibility for giving you a placement 30 miles away while someone else in your class gets a placement that is 5 minutes away. The classes are useless. They are not teaching us how to teach. The professors have their own agendas and just like to hear themselves talk. The syllabuses are silly and ridiculously overworded. Like I sais USELESS. All we do is discuss our opinions on crap. No real assignments. No real tests. Not learning how to be an effective teacher. A WASTE OF TIME
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

ASU although a large and financially successful university,

May 23 2013Chemistry
ASU although a large and financially successful university, lacks fundamental criterion to fufill the students needs. For one thing, most opportunities available to the students at this school concerning extracurricular activities are an aggregate of sports clubs, and half formated student based groups that only benefit the leaders of that particular group. The internships so to speak are reserved for the international and Barretts honors students which leaves the scraps for the mass populus. Every opportunity is spread out over a large area with about 100 people competing for a spot of 5. Even if you find an opportunity that does not require a GPA over 3.75 you still have to be acclamated/involved with the Federal Work Study program. Overall ASU is a great school for getting a degree, but terrible for transferring students from the University to the workforce. My GPA is 3.4 so to speak so that explains that. Prepare to be stuck looking for a job when you get out.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014