StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

This is not a 'non-traditional student-friendly' environment

Apr 30 2013Unknown
This is not a 'non-traditional student-friendly' environment. My needs specific to me were not understood, recognized and in no way was I helped. I was treated a s anumber, a percentage, a statistic and many time I sought help, I was refused meetings with my own dean. ASU is also racist. If you're not an athlete, don't bother. They want your money, force you to buy expensive books that you rarely use and most times will not buy back. This university is a business, not an educational insitution. You're buying your degree. They also were not helpful with teachers who did not recognize my disability. Waste of money.
Dec 19 2012Other

Online program is poor at best. Choose another option please.

I am currently in my first "block" of

Apr 16 2013Education
I am currently in my first "block" of the Elementary Ed program on the West Campus. It is absolute CRAP! The internship placements are crap- they don't listen to your needs and won't take responsibility for giving you a placement 30 miles away while someone else in your class gets a placement that is 5 minutes away. The classes are useless. They are not teaching us how to teach. The professors have their own agendas and just like to hear themselves talk. The syllabuses are silly and ridiculously overworded. Like I sais USELESS. All we do is discuss our opinions on crap. No real assignments. No real tests. Not learning how to be an effective teacher. A WASTE OF TIME
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014