StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

I had the time of my life for 4 years

Jun 23 2012Video/Media
I had the time of my life for 4 years. I made some great friends and some not so great friends. However, if I could go back in time I would have chosen a different major that`s for sure! Film and Media Studies was a complete joke. Unfortunately, I realized this by my jr. year and it was too late to change majors by then. Im currently STILL waiting tables because ASU did not teach me anything I didn't already know. Most of the professors I had either got fired, quit or were know- it-all TA`s. ASU did nothing for me in the long run.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Everything is difficult forthr incompetent administration of

Aug 25 2012Engineering Department
Everything is difficult forthr incompetent administration of ASU. I have been here for a week and already I have had to call people about getting my classes, being in the right housing, getting the books that I ordered. And if you need to talk to anyone expect to be on hold for 15 minutes only to talk to someone who is rude and knows nothing. You can't access anyone who has any power; they have no direct line. So far my classes have been good though. My advice is to do Barrett and/or engineering, otherwise your next four years will be a joke. And use rate my professor!!! Or better yet don't come here at all of you dont want to deal with an incompetent bureaucracy
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A, Individual Value: F

I was an online student and the financial

May 10 2012Business - Management and Administration
I was an online student and the financial aid office is shady!!! They had cancelled my financial aid for no reason, didnt send a letter explaining why, and failed to withdraw me as soon as I found this situation out after the second week. The registrar person waited until Jan 23 to withdraw me from classes so that the school can bill me the tuition charges out of pocket. I keep getting different answers about why they had took so long in taking me out of the classes and failed to notify me of the tuition appeal that I have filed in January. I didnt get the answer until the beginning of May. No letter, no phone call. I was told that my appeal was denied and Im still on the hook for the tuition. I will not pay it. I have informed the school about this. I have filed a complaint with the AZ attorney general and is currently investigating the school. As reputable as Arizona State is, I cannot believe that the school could be so shady.
Arizona State University