StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

Jun 23 2012Video/Media
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I had the time of my life for 4 years. I made some great friends and some not so great friends. However, if I could go back in time I would have chosen a different major that`s for sure! Film and Media Studies was a complete joke. Unfortunately, I realized this by my jr. year and it was too late to change majors by then. Im currently STILL waiting tables because ASU did not teach me anything I didn't already know. Most of the professors I had either got fired, quit or were know- it-all TA`s. ASU did nothing for me in the long run.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
May 10 2012Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I was an online student and the financial aid office is shady!!! They had cancelled my financial aid for no reason, didnt send a letter explaining why, and failed to withdraw me as soon as I found this situation out after the second week. The registrar person waited until Jan 23 to withdraw me from classes so that the school can bill me the tuition charges out of pocket. I keep getting different answers about why they had took so long in taking me out of the classes and failed to notify me of the tuition appeal that I have filed in January. I didnt get the answer until the beginning of May. No letter, no phone call. I was told that my appeal was denied and Im still on the hook for the tuition. I will not pay it. I have informed the school about this. I have filed a complaint with the AZ attorney general and is currently investigating the school. As reputable as Arizona State is, I cannot believe that the school could be so shady.
Apr 24 2012Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
A synopsis of the "social life of ASU"
ASU has some great parties for undergrads but the thing is that if your coming from a small/medium town from the east coast that ASU will be a total change for the worst. The campus buildings are nice however outside of the campus there are multiple shootings in near by apartments and even on campus near the vue and other apartments close to campus there are shootings, fights and a lot of other things. If your coming here for a small town or your not used to the city do not come here. The parties aren't exclusive at all unless your greek. Greek life for fraternities is detereating while sororities are still doing somewhat fine. There's only one or two houses left on greek row and they are getting torn down. Also if you don't have a car or plan not to bring your car that will be a big mistake as if your stuck on campus it will be hard to go to off campus parties. Bring a car.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014