StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Tempe - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University - Tempe

In many ways, the successful ASU experience isSuper BrilliantSocial Work
In many ways, the successful ASU experience is a reflection of an individual?s confidence, efforts, and assertiveness. One gets what one goes after. It is much like life. If you sit back and want everything spoon fed to you then this is not the right university for you and maybe a trade or vocational school is something you should consider. If your spirit is not entrepreneurial and you want to go work every day and be told exactly what to do, then ASU is not the right university for you. However, if you are willing to think creatively, standup, and speak out, then this might be the right place for you. To be successful one needs to learn to be a responsible adult and take ownership of each situation that is presented both on and off campus. Excuses don?t work in life and they don?t work at a major university. For me, it is a wonderful school in most every way.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B
I just want to state that ASU isChemistry
I just want to state that ASU is not a good university. To explain myself, ASU falls into the category of over rated. The education supports foreign students over the in state college graduates. I know because i am from Hapur India. Proof of this is the research opportunities. My friends and I (who are from India)send emails to all of the instructors for undergraduate research. All 6 of us from India get research positions, and the AZ in state student doesnt get crap. I have seen his resume and he had better credentials than we did, yet he got jipped. In fact he helped us build our resume. I got it after 3 emails and he got 38 denies. To be honest, i dont even know what im doing in the lab, i literally just bullshit and get paid by the U:S and my home country to go to school here. The second reason why ASU is overrated is because it is not even a party school. Check this out, beside the dorms which only 20% of students live in alung with myself, there is one street called Mill Avenue were we hang out. On this street there are about 13 different bars in which you can go, and you have to be over 21 which i am. A huge party school really? They film one pool party and call it a rage. People in India party harder and the girls there have actually passed sex ed. My final reason is that when i graduate and get my pharmacuetical license at U of A (research almost garauntees me an entry)I will be able to get a job back at home where i will live like a god. My arizona friend will be stuck working at a gas station until he is accepted and when he does get accepted, he will be paying off his loans working for a man named Tarik. Ha Ha,i will be taking over my dads practice back in India at the age of 27 making over 60 million rupees (1 million US dollars around) a year telling people what to do. Now let me tell you some secrets that ASU doesn't tell you. First off ASU has a connection with the schools of India. It is known as the ISA. They basically connect with us to come to your school and raise your GPA. That is why we have to hold around a 3.5 to keep our tuition paid which is easy. They pay us through the ISA by taking money from your tuition to give to us. Around 2/5 of us are terrible at English so we get people to do our papers for us. Another secret is that with students from the United States, they are not terribly dumb. A lot of rumors state that the students from the US are lazy and things. You guys are not lazy, you just have other things you got to maintain while going to school. My routine for example is wake up coffee, play the guitar while i wait for class, go to class, buy a bagel from Einsteins go work at the PSH building for research, finish homework, go get hookah by hitting the light rail. and go to bed. On weekends I usually do the homework and then play PS3. To be honest I know more than 50% of the ASU students do more than that but I get often harrassed for having it easy. Dont give me something and then call me names. The US provided my with the easy road and i just laugh about. Think, you got people in your own country who have problems and are really smart and you just give us these opportunities instead of bettering your own country. I even have a dental plan here for being out of country. I even can get a job here over your own citizens. ASU treats the average student here like a number. The only difference is that my number counts. Ha Ha. Just letting you know.
ASU although a large and financially successful university,Quite BrightChemistry
ASU although a large and financially successful university, lacks fundamental criterion to fufill the students needs. For one thing, most opportunities available to the students at this school concerning extracurricular activities are an aggregate of sports clubs, and half formated student based groups that only benefit the leaders of that particular group. The internships so to speak are reserved for the international and Barretts honors students which leaves the scraps for the mass populus. Every opportunity is spread out over a large area with about 100 people competing for a spot of 5. Even if you find an opportunity that does not require a GPA over 3.75 you still have to be acclamated/involved with the Federal Work Study program. Overall ASU is a great school for getting a degree, but terrible for transferring students from the University to the workforce. My GPA is 3.4 so to speak so that explains that. Prepare to be stuck looking for a job when you get out.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F
Arizona State University - Tempe
Compare ASU-TempeSave ASU-Tempe

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→