StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

I was an online student and the financialBusiness - Management and Administration
I was an online student and the financial aid office is shady!!! They had cancelled my financial aid for no reason, didnt send a letter explaining why, and failed to withdraw me as soon as I found this situation out after the second week. The registrar person waited until Jan 23 to withdraw me from classes so that the school can bill me the tuition charges out of pocket. I keep getting different answers about why they had took so long in taking me out of the classes and failed to notify me of the tuition appeal that I have filed in January. I didnt get the answer until the beginning of May. No letter, no phone call. I was told that my appeal was denied and Im still on the hook for the tuition. I will not pay it. I have informed the school about this. I have filed a complaint with the AZ attorney general and is currently investigating the school. As reputable as Arizona State is, I cannot believe that the school could be so shady.
A synopsis of the "social life of ASU"Not so bright
A synopsis of the "social life of ASU"
ASU has some great parties for undergrads but the thing is that if your coming from a small/medium town from the east coast that ASU will be a total change for the worst. The campus buildings are nice however outside of the campus there are multiple shootings in near by apartments and even on campus near the vue and other apartments close to campus there are shootings, fights and a lot of other things. If your coming here for a small town or your not used to the city do not come here. The parties aren't exclusive at all unless your greek. Greek life for fraternities is detereating while sororities are still doing somewhat fine. There's only one or two houses left on greek row and they are getting torn down. Also if you don't have a car or plan not to bring your car that will be a big mistake as if your stuck on campus it will be hard to go to off campus parties. Bring a car.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
University Resource Use: C+, Surrounding City: F
Social life isn't what it's made out toSuper BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
Social life isn't what it's made out to be, your son or daughter probably saw some kind of promotional video on youtube of a pool party. And it might sound good to your son or daughter but most of the parties here are getting worse and worse because people who don't even go to ASU come to party here. If your a parent and your child is interested in ASU they are only interested in the parties. There are no educational bonuses like the adverts say. ASU wants your money and that's it.
Starting Job: N/A; Preparedness: F Reputation: F