StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! ASU will jerk you around,

Oct 25 2011Finance
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! ASU will jerk you around, overcharge you for everything, throw a bunch of fraudulent charges on your account, and treat you like you are 5. They boast about their Career Placement Services, but if you go to a "career counselor" they will tell you to look on Careerbuilder and Jobing.com.Email me if you are considering this school and I will elaborate.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: A, Useful Schoolwork: F

I enjoyed my time very much at ASU

Mar 15 2010Finance
I enjoyed my time very much at ASU. The campus is great, there is a lot of school spirit. Everything outside of class is really a great time. The lower division classes were easy and had some really good teachers. Since I was a business major, the most upper division classes I had were in this department. The finance department has some of the worst teachers. Don't plan to learn anything from them, and just learn on your own.
4th Year Male -- Class 2009
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Scholastic Success: F

I am a resident of VA

Sep 06 2014Finance
I am a resident of VA. My son attends ASU. On Sept 5 the Tempe Police stormed into my sons apartment at University Place. My son was eating a hamburger watching TV and his roommate was asleep. The police came in accused him of drinking (he had not been, a breath test confirmed this) They accused him of throwing cans from his apartment. He was not there at the time of the incident. They arrested him for disorderly conduct when he protested being arrested for no good reason.

The Tempe police denied my son a phone call and took his cell phone away from him. My son was forced to stay the night in jail which he said was terrifying. The next morning he was shackled, yes shackled and brought into the Court to hear the charges against him. The D.A. said he could pay 150.00 to go to a reform class and the charges would be expunged from his record.

I am in disbelief and am appalled at the manner the police treated my son. Guilty until proven innocent. Is this really the way Tempe AZ wants to be seen?

This is a boy who has NEVER been in any trouble of any sort. He is level headed and smart. He really wanted to attend A.S.U. but now I hope to transfer him out of the state as our whole family is very disillusioned with the ?Police State? of Tempe.

I work in the travel industry. I will not hesitate to inform my clients of this incident when looking for venues for events.

This incident should be an embarrassment to the City of Tempe, A.S.U. and Maricopa County.
Sincerely,