StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Tempe - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University - Tempe

I really like to think that ASU hasQuite BrightOther
I really like to think that ASU has a great philosophy in terms of enrollment. The high acceptance rate ensures many people get to go to school when they normally wouldn't have the opportunity. After all, you can never really know someones background or why they did poorly in high school. However receiving a quality, worthwhile education can be difficult; it will take a lot more than just going to class and getting 'good' grades.

An ASU degree alone will not get you too far. You will have to work very hard and get onto research programs, join many clubs and reach out for a considerable amount of internships.

The social scene at ASU will give anyone anxiety. Greek life dominates and is very judgmental and shallow. Not everyone involved in a sorority/frat is that way but a whole lot are. The greek life has set standards for behavior and anyone who deviates from 'the norm' will face a certain extent of social isolation.

With that being said, ASU is still one of the biggest schools in America. A ton of people go here so in theory anyone should be able to make friends. Some people will just have to search a little harder to find their group.

If you're an out of state kid who either couldn't get in anywhere else, or got the most economical deal out of this school I seriously recommend you take a different path. Maybe consider joining the americorps for a year and/or go to community college. If you build up your resume and are able to pull up your grades with a local affordable school you will have so many more options.

I just transferred to a considerably more 'academic' school (UNC) and I am in awe about how much nicer and more accepting people are. In high school I never had trouble making friends, at ASU I was very isolated and even bullied. I don't want to use my one negative experience to down talk a school, but I really want prospective students to know that ASU can be a very lonely place. As far as academics go if you really don't have to put in much effort, just do your work. Even if you half ass every assignment and only study a little bit you will still pass with at least a C+.

1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Campus Maintenance: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Arizona State University.BrightComputer Science
Arizona State University. This school has the worst employees. Vanessa was very rude. She won't let me finish talking and when i told her to let me finish she said I was yelling at her and does not tolerate it. I told her she represents an education institution employee but she is so rude! She cut me off again saying I was yelling. Every time I tell her to stop interrupting me she said I was yelling at her. She did not even apologize. This school admitted my son and when he was ready to register for classes they said he couldn't enroll because he did not meet transfer requirements. Then after few semesters at MCC and when finally enrolled, they changed his program couple of times which will take longer to finish. Then Vanessa said they sent billing to student email address when the financial statement online said he had loans. Now they won't let my son register so he can't finish college because he owes thousands of dollars. They want him to pay off in six months so he can go back. Where do you think a no college degree working minimum? paying off 10k in 6 months? We asked Vanessa if any other options so my son can finish school, get a job and payoff his debt. She flat said No!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!! ! Employees here are heartless manipulative opportunistic money hunger people!!! They Will only educate you to practice your patience with mean spirited people like Vanessa!!!!!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Surrounding City: B-, Education Quality: F
After four full years of engineering "education" hereNot so brightEngineering Department
After four full years of engineering "education" here at ASU with a 3.98 GPA, I can honestly say that ASU is a degree mill. The most developed system at ASU is their billing department. Never skips a beat. Counseling and Advising? Doesn't exist in a productive form as of 2015. They evaluate everyone's prior credit differently even when the students have the same previous credits. Think about that. 30 days to get into a PHONE advising session. At the end of the day advising extends your graduation because they made a mistake. About 50% of the professors are deadbeats in one way or another. There is no educational process control unless it involves money.ASU is becoming UOP.
4th Year Female -- Class 2019