StudentsReview :: Arizona State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University

Arizona State University (or as it should be

Jan 30 2012Other
Arizona State University (or as it should be better known, Fork U.) absolutely hindered me in my career. ASU initially prevented me from continuing in my major. My initial graduate degree (M.S., high GPA) turned out to be COMPLETELY and UTTERLY WORTHLESS when it came to finding employment. Eventually I went back to study in another field (an engineering program). The department was unbelievably run - there were course requirement changes (a frequently-encountered issue at Fork U), one class was illegally rescheduled in mid-semester for a month, and several profs did not have adequate English speech fluency. One professor (completely unintelligible) was allowed to teach a senior course, putting at risk nearly the entire senior class majoring in that field. There were obvious issues involving kid-glove treatment of repeat cheaters (most of which were international students).After years of dealing with Fork U, 'the only game in town' for all too many Arizona residents, I will never, ever, ever again either deal with ASU or recommend any ASU dept. at any level to anyone I know. Consider anyplace else - you will save yourself a ton of aggravation, time, and money.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I went to highschool in Phoenix so obviously

Nov 27 2011Political Science
I went to highschool in Phoenix so obviously I am jaded and angry about the fact that I still live here. But if I were to be objective about Tempe I would say this:

If you love to party and want to feel glamorous and crazy, tempe will work for you. I'm not saying that is a bad thing necessarily its just not my scene. The only plus I can see about living in tempe is that the music scene is pretty awesome (compared to tucson and flagstaff and surrounding states) There is cool underground music coming out of here. Concert venues that attract pretty dope shows are plentiful. The nightlife is pretty weird and monotonous. I have my lovely stoner friends from highschool to hang out with, but ive also made new friends. People are pretty damn friendly to be honest.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: D+

I just want to state that ASU is

Jul 08 2013Chemistry
I just want to state that ASU is not a good university. To explain myself, ASU falls into the category of over rated. The education supports foreign students over the in state college graduates. I know because i am from Hapur India. Proof of this is the research opportunities. My friends and I (who are from India)send emails to all of the instructors for undergraduate research. All 6 of us from India get research positions, and the AZ in state student doesnt get crap. I have seen his resume and he had better credentials than we did, yet he got jipped. In fact he helped us build our resume. I got it after 3 emails and he got 38 denies. To be honest, i dont even know what im doing in the lab, i literally just bullshit and get paid by the U:S and my home country to go to school here. The second reason why ASU is overrated is because it is not even a party school. Check this out, beside the dorms which only 20% of students live in alung with myself, there is one street called Mill Avenue were we hang out. On this street there are about 13 different bars in which you can go, and you have to be over 21 which i am. A huge party school really? They film one pool party and call it a rage. People in India party harder and the girls there have actually passed sex ed. My final reason is that when i graduate and get my pharmacuetical license at U of A (research almost garauntees me an entry)I will be able to get a job back at home where i will live like a god. My arizona friend will be stuck working at a gas station until he is accepted and when he does get accepted, he will be paying off his loans working for a man named Tarik. Ha Ha,i will be taking over my dads practice back in India at the age of 27 making over 60 million rupees (1 million US dollars around) a year telling people what to do. Now let me tell you some secrets that ASU doesn't tell you. First off ASU has a connection with the schools of India. It is known as the ISA. They basically connect with us to come to your school and raise your GPA. That is why we have to hold around a 3.5 to keep our tuition paid which is easy. They pay us through the ISA by taking money from your tuition to give to us. Around 2/5 of us are terrible at English so we get people to do our papers for us. Another secret is that with students from the United States, they are not terribly dumb. A lot of rumors state that the students from the US are lazy and things. You guys are not lazy, you just have other things you got to maintain while going to school. My routine for example is wake up coffee, play the guitar while i wait for class, go to class, buy a bagel from Einsteins go work at the PSH building for research, finish homework, go get hookah by hitting the light rail. and go to bed. On weekends I usually do the homework and then play PS3. To be honest I know more than 50% of the ASU students do more than that but I get often harrassed for having it easy. Dont give me something and then call me names. The US provided my with the easy road and i just laugh about. Think, you got people in your own country who have problems and are really smart and you just give us these opportunities instead of bettering your own country. I even have a dental plan here for being out of country. I even can get a job here over your own citizens. ASU treats the average student here like a number. The only difference is that my number counts. Ha Ha. Just letting you know.
Get free info from: Arizona State University