StudentsReview :: Prescott College - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Prescott College

Jul 08 2013Education

Unless you are in the adventure ed. program, no one knows about this school.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Since I enrolled at PC, there have been

Jul 08 2013Agriculture/Horticulture
Since I enrolled at PC, there have been two shootings and a stabbing, involving students, right next to the open campus. The school made no effort to alert the student body about these incidents, or the lingering danger they represented. Not protecting students is a HUGE red flag! Academically the school acts all open-minded and accepting, but if your mind is open in a direction that differs from the school's, you will struggle against the system the whole way! Just go to that other school you're considering. You'll save a lot of $ and you won't be nearly as disillusioned by the time you walk across the stage for your piece of paper
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: C-, Education Quality: F

I didn't pay much attention to all the

May 22 2014Education
I didn't pay much attention to all the grades above, just wanted to comment.
This school is a scam. If your parents are paying for your college and you don't particularly care about learning things, maybe PC is for you. If you are looking for a relevant, challenging education, look elsewhere. PC talks a big game about how they are different from the traditional college experience, but it really is not. If you have thousands of extra dollars, you can do some cool activities for block courses - that's different. Otherwise, everything they told me that convinced me to enroll here has turned out to be lies. I have never had a class with a student:faculty ratio of 8:1. Not even close. I have had numerous courses with adjunct faculty or grad-students who are wholly and completely unqualified to teach the courses. While I have had some great experiences, I have learned literally NOTHING from the vast majority of courses I've taken.

PC does not have the same kind of student body they had a decade ago (average age 24, lots of work experience, driven...) but they still market themselves that way. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you in the door. I have worked in the Adventure Education field for years, and I am a combat veteran. I would not recommend this school to vets or anyone else. It really is terrible.

Get free info from: Prescott College