StudentsReview :: Rio Salado College - Comments and Student Experiences

April 22nd, 2015
Appellant: Thomas M. Chavez
Respondent: Maricopa Community College Rio Salado College
In Response to the Respondent's Decision, I am filing an official Notice of
Disagreement and Appeal of the Board's decision. I will explain in more thorough detail why I
have decided upon this action. I have read the entire letter more than 3 times, from start to finish

and I have come to the same conclusion. I have dissected the decision several times and I stand
by my original decision, opinion, and ultimate action.
Two major concerns that came up during the board meeting that are of utmost
importance are collusion between the board and Dr. Gresko and the board was set up more like a
?kangaroo court?. I will explain both of these assertions. First, Dr. Gresko was called into the
board meeting and I was told to leave the room for around 30 to 45 minutes. I have no idea what
was spoken about during that time, but what I do know is that if it was honest, then I would've
been allowed to stay in the room while the board was speaking to Dr. Gresko. This in all honesty
and fairness sounds dishonest, shifty, conniving and underhanded. My case was spoken about
behind my back and I wasn't given a chance to defend myself or rebut during that time. I am
charging the board with collusion with Dr. Gresko.
Also, I am also accusing the board to be set up like a kangaroo court as I am quite sure and

during the meeting expressed my concerns to the true intentions of the board. I predicted with a
high-degree of certainty the outcome of the meeting. This outcome as I predicted accurately were
not in my favor and only in that of the school. It is completely unsatisfactory, unjust, and
I have a legitimate complaint and here I am being punished because I am being vocal. I
want a wrong righted and that is what it comes down to in the end. I am not exerting my efforts to
cause problems or to cause any problems for myself or the school, but to get the school back on
track and for them to give me what I deserve. I deserve to keep moving on my program and to be
allowed to move forward as I have done exactly what was asked of me and not to be stalled or
This is not a one-sided struggle of me a supposedly disruptive student versus the school,

but a student seeking justice and propriety from the school. I am currently not getting it. I am
getting nothing, but resistance and poor conflict-resolution from the administration and
administrators who are charged of efficiently and proficiently correcting issues, but is morbidly
failing to do so. This is a miscarriage and gross violation of my rights as a student. I did
everything that was asked of me and when a problem arose instead of handling it well, the school
has handled it with horrible inefficiently and misjudgment. This a battle of wills and I will
I willing be sending a copy of this letter to everywhere in the state until I get an answer. I

will be sending it to schools, media including newspapers, television, social media, government
agencies and so on until I get resolution that is both beneficial to me as the student and the school

and not biased to the benefit of the school alone. I have already told anyone and everyone that I
come in contact with including friends, family, acquaintance and strangers to not consider this
school as a place to invest their money. My mission will be to lose as much business and funding
from your institution as possible. I speak to a lot of people. I am sure I can make a nice and
I am not asking for a lot from the school, but to give me an outcome and resolution that is

fair and just. I don't deserve the mistreatment that I am getting from this institution.
Are my methods a little unorthodox, yes, but my reason is not. Give me a fair outcome and
resolution or I will keep being that thorn in your side that won't go away. You won't silence me,
because you don't like my methods and techniques. If you want to take me to court or what have
you, please do so as I will take it as high as I have to go in order to get justice and fairness to
My offer still stands. If you don't know what my terms and conditions are before, please
contact me and we can speak about those and I will be happy to go over those with you. I will not
do anything that you ask including upholding and following the suspension, interpersonal
communication training, career assessment & coaching, communication restriction, and so on, as
I did nothing wrong except vocalize my discontent and contempt for those in charge over the
decisions that were made. My offer still stands and my ultimate goal and objective is to get back
in school as soon as possible and to get this behind both of us. Thank you for your time, attention,

and consideration. Please contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Very Respectfully,Thomas M. Chavez

2nd Year Male -- Class 2019
This college is absolutely terrible.Quite BrightEducation
This college is absolutely terrible. They are completely unorganized, impossible to get ahold of, and not helpful. I have had many bad experiences at this college over the course of a year of taking online classes. For starters their system takes multiple days usually weeks to show the update. For example I dropped a class and it did not process for eight days. Therefore I missed the deadline for a refund, and had to go through a month long process because the system is slow. Second I paid tuition on time, but again the system did not register that I paid so I was automatically dropped from the class. Once I eventually got ahold of the college, two days later, I was on the phone for two hours being transferred back and forth between departments because it was my fault apparently. Finally, I got reinstated in the class, only to find out the teacher had dropped me so I was required to do three weeks of assignments over again. Once again, I called the college to speak with someone to make sure it does not happen again, and they proceeded to blame me.
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F