StudentsReview :: Chabot College - Comments and Student Experiences

Chabot College

I did High School out of the countryBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I did High School out of the country so attending Chabot College was my first American School experience. Campus is always being renovated, so chances are you will be in a comfortable class with all the teaching tools that professors need. Professors here love what they do and they really let you know the fact that they are willing to help you with anything. They all have assigned "office hours" where you can sit with them and are open to meeting with you outside those hours. Students are okay, this is a Community College so you will find every category of student. There is the ones that will talk back to a professor because they won't let them take out their cellphones in class, there's the ones that will always show up to class but will sleep through the whole lecture, and of course there is normal civilized students. I didn't make any friends here, nor did I want to. I met people, yes, but this is totally up to you, it doesn't have anything to do with the school! Many people complain that they cannot get the classes that they need, but believe me, as long as you are organized and take school seriously, this won't be a problem. Every semester, I got all the classes I needed and had planned for in the schedules that I wanted! Just make sure you know your registration date and plan ahead of time which classes you want. I did all my General Education and an A.A. in Business Administration in 5 semesters (2 years and a half) and this includes basic Math and English courses that I needed to get up to "College speed". Overall, it is an okay school. Set your mind that you are here to do what you need to do and do it! Do not complain because that will not help, nor will it get you any closer to transferring/graduating.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: F
I have a degree in my home country.Not so brightNursing
I have a degree in my home country.But due to the economic crisis that the country is currently experiencing,I have to go back to school and entertain the possibility of a career change in healthcare.There is no other school to go except a community college considering that I don't have enough money to either get into a private college or a university nor take a masters degree.That is why I have to go to Chabot College.

Chabot is a typical community college.It has a student population majority of which are practically wasting their time and money.Others simply have no ambition to transfer to a university.Most of them think that College is an extension of High School.And sad to say,a few students simply don't care about their future.But there are few students who work hard to get all A's and plan to transfer to another university.If you are a serious student who works hard and possess good study habits,it is easy to get A's in most of your subjects.

The teachers here are nice.They are friendly,approachable and helpful.They even spoon feed you to the point of making lectures extremely easy to understand.But also,there are some teachers who thinks that this is a university and students simply find it difficult.That also applies to me when I no longer have the motivation to study long hours due to my part-time employment and my age when I no longer have the ability to memorize due to my age and my neurological disease.

As a student,I simply go with the flow.I just study hard enough to get an A and simply don't care about how much I have learned about the subject matter.Sometimes,I am just more interested on who the pretty girls are in my class instead of the lectures given.But I find it frustrating that most of the pretty girls happen to be more than 10 years younger than I am and I can't find somebody have a relationship with.Anyway,if you are looking for somebody mature and pretty,there are only a few of them at Chabot.Sad to say,most of them are either taken or married.Chabot is your typical community college just like anywhere else in the country.If you plan to save some money and transfer to a university later on,I would highly recommend this school.Just make sure that you don't get carried away by most of the students here who simply aren't that serious of getting a degree.If you study hard,there is no way that you could not get a 4.0 GPA for it is not a pipe dream in this Hayward school.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F
Chabot is 100 percentQuite BrightPhilosophy
Chabot is 100 percent a commuter school, mainly locals go here, but if your considering a different J.C I would not. It's a beutiful Campus and staff is friendly, and if you want to get involved in extracurricular things thats always a possibility as well.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2010