StudentsReview :: The Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - San Francisco - Comments and Student Experiences

The Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - San Francisco

Let me start by saying, that if youOther
Let me start by saying, that if you are willing to work hard and listen to your chef instructors, that you will learn the information that you are paying to get. They are very knowledgeable, and willing to teach those who show an interest in the field. If you show them you have potential, and are willing to go the extra mile, they will return the favor. i had several instructors that stayed after class with me regularly, and payed me extra attention because i wanted to learn. however, i feel that most of the people accepted to this school are not dedicated enough to do so. The school was recently bought by the CEC, and since then their main motivation seems to be making money by accepting anyone and everyone who is the slightest bit interested in cooking. The school has relocated to a new building, which is shiny and new, but it is obvious they are having some trouble filling it with bodies. this new expansion tactic seems to be steadily diminishing the school's reputation.

The school also seems to be having some trouble with their administration. it is my belief that they hire mostly post-lobotomy to run this side of things. they will probably lose your payments, and schedule you are the wrong classes, and forget to inform you of the latest updates. they vomit up information at the very last minute, and in the end you will be the one blamed for it. Finally, if you are expecting to live in a glorious dorm room with all the amenities, i hope you have billions of dollars stashed away to do so. for those who dont, you can expect to live in a roach infested 12' by 12' room with a complete stranger, in the middle of the tenderloin in san fransisco. whether it be the old dorm rooms (that are soon closing) or a nearby hotel, the tenderloin is one of the only affordable living options in the area.

I hate to say it, but the schoolAverageOther
I hate to say it, but the school has gone seriously downhill. Not only has the value of my training dropped but I now have found myself defending the time I was there with name dropping and listing of experiences and extras in a way I never used to have to. When they sold out LCB the whole place changed, the focus was taken off keeping the classes small and the work relevant and challenging as well as being picky who they let in ( I had to go through a extensive selection process when I applied) to letting anyone in. The education I received was wonderful, has served me well and if I could recommend that education to someone I would, but that experience is no longer available at the California Culinary Academy.
1st Year Female -- Class 2000
Friendliness: A+, Individual Value: F
Grades are given away.Other
Grades are given away. It's not challenging at all. Your food is barely tasted by the instructors, if at all. The dorms are horrible. No kitchens. Or with a kitchen but you have to share a bathroom with the whole floor. There is no extra time to practice what you learn in class. PM Doughs Chef is knowledgable but has absolutely no business being a teacher. The food in the "cafeteria" is horrible. People get food poisoning all the time.

Carthage College (WI) 1:positive