StudentsReview :: California Lutheran University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of California -- Berkeley, CA
California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

California Lutheran University

Cal Lutheran is great

Oct 30 2014Communications
Cal Lutheran is great school for anyone who wants to truly be successful and prepared for a career. Professors know who you are and work with you personally. You are not just another face in the lecture hall.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B-

I am a transfer student and having been

Oct 31 2014Communications
I am a transfer student and having been to a large public schools this is a huge improvement. The campus is beautiful and I am receiving great real-world experience in my internships. I have been provided with opportunities to connect with faculty individually and do research I'd otherwise be unable to do. Don't come here if you want to party; come here if you want to be prepared for the real world.
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B-

I attended as a transfer student from Moorpark

Jul 14 2014Communications
I attended as a transfer student from Moorpark College. I expected CLU to be more challenging than Moorpark but it was less challenging and felt like High School. I learned more skills at Moorpark College and was treated like an adult at the same time. CLU faculty and administration treats everyone like incompetent, rebellious teenagers that don't have enough brains to tie their own shoes.

The food is greasy and unhealthy. They don't have any options for health conscious students on a budget. They cater to rich kids from wealthy families that don't care about how their crappy burger and fries are so expensive.

They don't offer career guidance at all besides bad advice such as telling you not to mention that you went to a community college on your resume because that's not important information.

When I tell people in interviews I went to CLU they ARE NOT IMPRESSED, most people are disappointed.

I regret going here and the only reason I did was because of the financial aid package that practically covered half of my tuition per semester. I'm poor and have worked for every penny just so I could go to college because I don't have parents to help me pay for these things. I am having a depressing case of buyer's remorse due to the fact that I feel unaccomplished and my spirit is beaten down by self absorbed faculty that only caters to students with deep pockets.

Professors don't get along and students suffer. The clubs are lame and inactive. The dry campus is doing more harm than good to students as they drive off campus to drink and party like children hiding from parents. It's impossible to bond with other students when the campus is so restrictive and covered by rules, rules, rules... WARNING: Student's will not grow into mature adults attending this college.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2012