StudentsReview :: California Lutheran University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of California -- Berkeley, CA
California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

California Lutheran University

DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL, unless you

Sep 21 2013Undecided
DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL, unless you like being surrounded by a bunch of homesick freshman who never drink and go to the movies on a friday night for fun.This school only has parties on the weekends and the parties suck. People who throw parties are stuck up snooty assholes who won't you in unless you play sports or have a lot of connections, they will make sure that you know that they think they are superior just because they're a few years older. Nobody is ever on campus during the weekends. The food here is SO unhealthy. everything is deep fried and it's almost impossible to eat healthy. If you want a real college experience, do not go here.
Faculty Accessibility: A, Social Life: F

Some professors are good while there are some

Jun 20 2013Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Some professors are good while there are some that should not be teaching. City around school is old and slow. Administration is friendly but does not follow thru. Looking back, I would have gone to my second choice college but I thought that a small school would give me more personal attention. Man Was I wrong.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Surrounding City: D-

I attended as a transfer student from Moorpark

Jul 14 2014Communications
I attended as a transfer student from Moorpark College. I expected CLU to be more challenging than Moorpark but it was less challenging and felt like High School. I learned more skills at Moorpark College and was treated like an adult at the same time. CLU faculty and administration treats everyone like incompetent, rebellious teenagers that don't have enough brains to tie their own shoes.

The food is greasy and unhealthy. They don't have any options for health conscious students on a budget. They cater to rich kids from wealthy families that don't care about how their crappy burger and fries are so expensive.

They don't offer career guidance at all besides bad advice such as telling you not to mention that you went to a community college on your resume because that's not important information.

When I tell people in interviews I went to CLU they ARE NOT IMPRESSED, most people are disappointed.

I regret going here and the only reason I did was because of the financial aid package that practically covered half of my tuition per semester. I'm poor and have worked for every penny just so I could go to college because I don't have parents to help me pay for these things. I am having a depressing case of buyer's remorse due to the fact that I feel unaccomplished and my spirit is beaten down by self absorbed faculty that only caters to students with deep pockets.

Professors don't get along and students suffer. The clubs are lame and inactive. The dry campus is doing more harm than good to students as they drive off campus to drink and party like children hiding from parents. It's impossible to bond with other students when the campus is so restrictive and covered by rules, rules, rules... WARNING: Student's will not grow into mature adults attending this college.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2012