StudentsReview :: California State University Dominguez Hills - Comments and Student Experiences

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA
California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA
San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA

California State University Dominguez Hills

I am enrolled in the BSN online nursingSuper BrilliantNursing
I am enrolled in the BSN online nursing program. I will be graduating this semester and I recommend the program highly both for convenience and quality. The only problem is with the way tuition is charged at CSUDH. We are charged for 0 to 6 units and then for 6 to 12 units. This means that if you require a two-unit class you may be paying about $800. This is the only reason I would not persue a graduate degree at CSUDH. The majority of my professors have been wonderful. It is a great program because you have a choice between online and "live" classes.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2005
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B
Cal State Dominguez Hills was the only schoolSuper BrilliantCommunications
Cal State Dominguez Hills was the only school I applied to and I am very happy with my decision. What attracted me to the campus was the small class size, which has allowed me to get to know all of my professors one-on-one. As a result I feel very comfortable approaching any of them for a letter of recommendation, which is extremely important if you want to go on to graduate or professional schools in the future. I'm sure the accessibility of professors at Dominguez Hills isn't as easy as it would be on other college campuses.

The campus has definitely changed since I started in 1999. Cal State Dominguez Hills acquired a new building during the summer of 2003 and is still under construction to expand the student union. The new Home Depot Center is also at the heart of Dominguez Hills, attracting many people to the campus for special events, soccer games and concerts.

In the Fall 2005 Dominguez Hills will offer one of its newest program, Criminal Justice which is a very popular major. Many other campuses who offer the program are impacted, which will eventually bring new students to Dominguez Hills to compensate for that.

There are a variety of classes being offered at Dominguez Hills, most of them are offered Monday through Thursday. Very few classes are offered on Fridays which allows students to maintain a part-time or full-time job on the side. Additionally, Dominguez Hills offers students the option to take classes during the morning or evening. Again, this allows students to continue working if they need to while earning their degrees.

Most importantly, Dominguez Hills comes ranks third in safety out of 23 campuses in California. This gives students the sense of security walking around the campus, especially at night.If you are thinking about which college to attend, make Dominguez Hills your number one choice like I did. You won't regret it, I didn't!

5th Year Female -- Class 2005
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B+
CSUDH CAMPUS:AverageUndecided
CSUDH CAMPUS:
Dominguez Hills campus is rather small, kept up, and approachable. The campus isn't all that nice. I mean there are a few building that makes up for the dullness of this school. Nicest building we have at DHills would have to be the LSU (Loker Student Union) and the library. The food is pretty gross, its not edible at all, well at least not to me. There is a taco bell, subway, dragon express (chinese food), johnny (pizza/pasta), tully coffee, and the sports lounge (they pretty much sell everything). I seriously only eat on campus if I am starving which is rare. The library is pretty mice, well the new side is at least. The old side gives me the creeps. I feel like a killer is lurking in there waiting to catch someone slipping. So I rarely go on the old side. BTW: NEVER EVER EVER RIDE THE ELEVATORS. I swear every time I ride one at this school I tend to get stuck!

PROFESSORS:
The professors are pretty chilled and laid back. They actually care about you. So far the rudest prof I had was for Geo100, he said that he rather not take the time to get to know us because its easier to fail a face that you do not. So he made his class online and it was pretty easy. I got a B in the class. But I thought was kind of harsh to say. But he was just being real I suppose. But other than that, they are really chilled professors and they want you to pass their classes.

GREEK LIFE:
The greek life at DHills is a joke. I'm sorry but I don't take any of them serious one bit. Well at least the divine 9. They fight each other at their events. I'm so confused on how you're suppose to call each other brother/sister, yet you're fighting on another in PUBLIC.

STUDENTS:
The students here are rude. No matter what age they are, they are just rude and nasty. No kind of home training what so ever.

DORMS:
The dorms are the epitome of CRAP. Everything is on the edge of braking. Bugs like crazy, super hot, walls are super thin, and full of rude inconsiderate individuals.

CLUBS:
The clubs seem okay. I was in the club TP (toro productions)and at first it was okay but once the members starting getting comfortable with you, you see how corrupted they really are. They are unfair, manipulating, liars, and dont care about you unless you are a kiss ass to them. So what ever you do DO NOT join TP. They tend to reel people in with their smiles but it's all show, don't fall for it. Full of drama, its not worth it.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
As a freshman I was super stoked to come to this school, but unfortunately I didn't do any research on this school. This school has absolutely no school spirit, they think that they are to cool to cheer on for their school. Everyone here is close minded and they staying knocking dhills. Super rude and ungrateful.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015