StudentsReview :: California State University Dominguez Hills - Comments and Student Experiences

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA
California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA
San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA

California State University Dominguez Hills

I am enrolled in the BSN online nursing

Apr 18 2005Nursing
I am enrolled in the BSN online nursing program. I will be graduating this semester and I recommend the program highly both for convenience and quality. The only problem is with the way tuition is charged at CSUDH. We are charged for 0 to 6 units and then for 6 to 12 units. This means that if you require a two-unit class you may be paying about $800. This is the only reason I would not persue a graduate degree at CSUDH. The majority of my professors have been wonderful. It is a great program because you have a choice between online and "live" classes.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2005
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

I didn't have high expectations coming in--judging by

Jan 29 2009Biology
I didn't have high expectations coming in--judging by the alumni that I have encounter throughout the years--but even I was let down. This is basically a school for older, working adults going back to school to get a "degree" vice getting an "education." DH serves it market well. If you are one of the few people who seriously want to learn something, then look elsewhere. DH is nothing more than a degree mill.
1st Year Female -- Class 2010
Campus Maintenance: A-, Education Quality: F

Cal State Dominguez Hills was the only school

Mar 10 2005Communications
Cal State Dominguez Hills was the only school I applied to and I am very happy with my decision. What attracted me to the campus was the small class size, which has allowed me to get to know all of my professors one-on-one. As a result I feel very comfortable approaching any of them for a letter of recommendation, which is extremely important if you want to go on to graduate or professional schools in the future. I'm sure the accessibility of professors at Dominguez Hills isn't as easy as it would be on other college campuses.

The campus has definitely changed since I started in 1999. Cal State Dominguez Hills acquired a new building during the summer of 2003 and is still under construction to expand the student union. The new Home Depot Center is also at the heart of Dominguez Hills, attracting many people to the campus for special events, soccer games and concerts.

In the Fall 2005 Dominguez Hills will offer one of its newest program, Criminal Justice which is a very popular major. Many other campuses who offer the program are impacted, which will eventually bring new students to Dominguez Hills to compensate for that.

There are a variety of classes being offered at Dominguez Hills, most of them are offered Monday through Thursday. Very few classes are offered on Fridays which allows students to maintain a part-time or full-time job on the side. Additionally, Dominguez Hills offers students the option to take classes during the morning or evening. Again, this allows students to continue working if they need to while earning their degrees.

Most importantly, Dominguez Hills comes ranks third in safety out of 23 campuses in California. This gives students the sense of security walking around the campus, especially at night.If you are thinking about which college to attend, make Dominguez Hills your number one choice like I did. You won't regret it, I didn't!

5th Year Female -- Class 2005