StudentsReview ™ :: California State University Fresno - Comments and Student Experiences

California State University Fresno

Fresno State is an amazing school that is

Dec 09 2005Criminal
Fresno State is an amazing school that is very involved in athletics (football, basketball, etc). Even the town which has over 500,000 people are extremley into Fresno State sports. Teachers are good and the class work is decent. Criminology is the one of the best majors here and I love it! You might wonder why I put down the fact that I want to go to another university, the reason is because I am going into the National Exchange program that fresno state offers us. Overall, I love the school and the people here.

Well the program here needs some shaping up

Feb 08 2005Computer Science
Well the program here needs some shaping up. but there are a few professors that are very good. In general you will be onw your own which may be a good or bad thing. not competetive at all. Students rely on each other highly. you will make lots of friends. The faculy is super nice, but the deparment is broke. take a look at the lab and you can tell.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2007
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

The math and science department is very good

Feb 07 2005Computer Science
The math and science department is very good. but what Can I say about computer science. I turned down UC's to say at home, the biggest mistake I ever made. and now I may not even get into a good grad school, because the faculty dont teach. I learned everything on my own, please fire the faculty. Most worthless professors. they are smart but cant teach worth shit. every morning I wake up and think about the biggest mistake. 50% of the classes are totally worthless, I mean there is no point of even going to class except if the professor keeps track of who attended class. All my fellow students feel the same, they all feel like they arent getting the education they deserve. If you have a tru love for computer science(like me), Then this is not the university for you. There are no research opportunites. the faculty couldnt even help me with somoe of my code. one 2 good professors out of the whole bunch. Im currently working my butt off to try to get into a better school for grad school or try to transfer senior year.
1st Year Male -- Class 2007