StudentsReview :: California State University Fresno - Comments and Student Experiences

California State University Fresno

Dec 09 2005Criminal
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Fresno State is an amazing school that is very involved in athletics (football, basketball, etc). Even the town which has over 500,000 people are extremley into Fresno State sports. Teachers are good and the class work is decent. Criminology is the one of the best majors here and I love it! You might wonder why I put down the fact that I want to go to another university, the reason is because I am going into the National Exchange program that fresno state offers us. Overall, I love the school and the people here.
Oct 23 2011Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I got into a few more so-called prestigious universities than Fresno State, and I was at first worried about short-changing myself by coming here. I was wrong. The Business Department here is AMAZING. The courses are challenging but in a good way. Most of the students are really cool and friendly. There is a lot going on at Fresno State. I am in a well-known fraternity and I love how many people I have met from that. I have made so many good friends. I am very happy here. An added bonus about going to Fresno State is that it is relatively inexpensive, so my parents are not being put under a financial burden and I will not graduate with any student loans! My friend at USC is graduating with over $100,000 in student loan debt for just a Bachelor's degree and I will have to pay nothing in loans when I graduate. When I think about that I laugh to myself and I am so grateful and happy I chose to come to Fresno State. Honestly, I would recommend any top high school student come to Fresno State. It was the best, smartest choice I ever made. Did I mention I already have two really good job offers and I haven't even graduated yet?
4th Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: B+
May 18 2010Civil Engineering
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
It is not too difficult to be admitted to this school, which is why it is common to meet people who do not belong at a university. Don't get me wrong, it is a good school despite this problem and others that people have mentioned on this site. The majority of the professors are very nice and willing to make time to help you. When people say that this is an average university they mean that in terms of "prestigiousness" and the visual quality of the campus, not the education quality. People need to stop worrying about unimportant features and concentrate on their studies! This university has much to offer in terms of education, but if your are too lazy to try, then do not enroll here. Some people come here thinking that classes here are going to be easy, simply because we are located in Fresno.....they are deeply mistaken.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2012