StudentsReview :: The FIDM Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles - Comments and Student Experiences

Fashion Institute of Technology -- New York, NY
Art Center College of Design -- Pasadena, CA
Pratt Community College -- Pratt, KS

The FIDM Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles

I am a current FIDM student and my

Mar 21 2014Other
I am a current FIDM student and my major is Fashion Design. I love how organized the curriculum is. I feel like the teachers really know what they're doing. I feel like the coursework is very challenging - I work twice as much compared to my boyfriend going to a regular university. People think fashion is an easy industry... It's actually a lot of hard work. Stop saying bad things about the school just because you chose not to get most out of it.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B

I have friends who graduated from FIDM and

Jul 08 2011Other
I have friends who graduated from FIDM and they picked FIDM out of other fashion colleges they researched because of FIDM's awesome reputation in the fashion industry, the fact that the school is located in downtown LA and close to the fashion district AND the school's awesome resources! They LOVED the school's library and would find unique one-of-a-kind books, couture swatches and even expert help on their projects! The school's career center is also awesome and helps students find the best internships and jobs. Both of my friends found their current jobs through the career center and say that FIDM fully prepared them for working in the fashion industry and credit the school for where they are today :)
Starting Job: public relations Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

I moved to CA from New York to

Dec 01 2011Business - Management and Administration
I moved to CA from New York to attend fidm. This was one of the best things I could have done. I have been out four years and have never had a problem with a job or help from anyone at the college when I needed something. We didn't have many social activities but I didn't have much time for that anyway. If you are thinking of fidm expect to have loads of homework but it is worth it. My company hires many fidm students and we are looking for more. I work in the entertainment industry and run into many grads. If you want to party think twice about this college. If you want to get into the industry fast then consider fidm. Some students party too much and they end up wasting their money but I know it was worth every penny to me.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2007