StudentsReview ™ :: Loyola Marymount University - Comments and Student Experiences

Loyola Marymount University

I didn't love my time at LMU and

Apr 06 2014Biology
I didn't love my time at LMU and I know a lot of other people who also didn't enjoy it. But then again, there are plenty of people who LOVE LMU. If you are a sorority or fraternity type person, this is a decent place. If the thought of paying hundreds of dollars to be part of a mindless drinking organization doesn't appeal to you, then definitely don't go to LMU. I know there is more to Greek life then drinking...but seriously, if you want to have a social life at LMU it is pretty much mandatory to join a sorority or fraternity. Also, the campus is somewhat suburban, which was boring--rent in the area was still absurd, but you have to drive like 30-45 minutes to get anywhere fun, I was a member of the honors program, which helped a little, but just honestly didn't feel like I had anything in common with most people I met. Also (and this may be true of many schools) I felt like I was one of the only biology majors who was interested in biology and not just getting into medical school. I had hoped to meet some other science-minded people, but many biology major groaned about classes like ecology and botany, whereas I was stoked to be taking them. I have come out of LMU with a few excellent friends and close relationships with a few of my professors, and it wasn't a waste of time or anything, but if I knew then I what I knew now, I would have gone somewhere else. I think I could have been a lot happier during my undergraduate days.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Useful Schoolwork: A, Social Life: D

I truly hope someone reads this review and

Nov 24 2013Accounting
I truly hope someone reads this review and it makes you not go to LMU anymore. This school truly sucks. Unless you want to be surrounded by a a bunch of rich spoiled kids, who care solely about what frat you are in or who you know, then LMU is the school for you. AND don't even think about be able to get classes, which is completely ridiculous . Overall this school is overpriced, paired with crappy classes, an even worse social scene, and above all an administration that simply doesn't care about anything more then money. Please head my warning and don't go to LMU

I've enjoyed every second of my time at

Mar 14 2013Other
I've enjoyed every second of my time at LMU. From my very first day when a student helped me carry my bag and the lady that have me my OneCard and answered all my dumb questions without an ounce of attitude - to where I am right now. The campus is so beautiful it's almost painful. The students are friendly and the professors are perfect, for the most part. If you're not a fan of wearing matching t-shirts with Greek letters there's a million other activities to participate in. There's a club sport for everything. Hell, there's a quidditch team. I'm going to keep this brief but LMU offers a lot from CollegeFest to the stellar academics. I love being a lion.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015