StudentsReview :: Loyola Marymount University - Comments and Student Experiences

Loyola Marymount University

Oct 22 2014Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I loved attending Loyola Marymount University. I was very active on campus as a resident assistant for 2 years and socially in a sorority . If i could have I would have continued my graduate schooling here, but they didn't have my major.I have since completed my doctorate and I am a director in a clinic in San Bernardino.
4th Year Female -- Class 2007
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: F
Apr 06 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I didn't love my time at LMU and I know a lot of other people who also didn't enjoy it. But then again, there are plenty of people who LOVE LMU. If you are a sorority or fraternity type person, this is a decent place. If the thought of paying hundreds of dollars to be part of a mindless drinking organization doesn't appeal to you, then definitely don't go to LMU. I know there is more to Greek life then drinking...but seriously, if you want to have a social life at LMU it is pretty much mandatory to join a sorority or fraternity. Also, the campus is somewhat suburban, which was boring--rent in the area was still absurd, but you have to drive like 30-45 minutes to get anywhere fun, I was a member of the honors program, which helped a little, but just honestly didn't feel like I had anything in common with most people I met. Also (and this may be true of many schools) I felt like I was one of the only biology majors who was interested in biology and not just getting into medical school. I had hoped to meet some other science-minded people, but many biology major groaned about classes like ecology and botany, whereas I was stoked to be taking them. I have come out of LMU with a few excellent friends and close relationships with a few of my professors, and it wasn't a waste of time or anything, but if I knew then I what I knew now, I would have gone somewhere else. I think I could have been a lot happier during my undergraduate days.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Useful Schoolwork: A, Social Life: D
Nov 24 2013Accounting
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I truly hope someone reads this review and it makes you not go to LMU anymore. This school truly sucks. Unless you want to be surrounded by a a bunch of rich spoiled kids, who care solely about what frat you are in or who you know, then LMU is the school for you. AND don't even think about be able to get classes, which is completely ridiculous . Overall this school is overpriced, paired with crappy classes, an even worse social scene, and above all an administration that simply doesn't care about anything more then money. Please head my warning and don't go to LMU