StudentsReview ™ :: Loyola Marymount University - Comments and Student Experiences

Loyola Marymount University

I hate this place

Jan 08 2013Unknown
I hate this place. I hate it so much I can even bear to go into detailed specifics about why i hate this place other than that it was literally an increasingly worse and worse hell on Earth for me. Sure, freshman year was alright and even had some downright great moments, but after that it was a steadily sinking ship of misery. The actual educational part of this university is okay, but not worth the absurd tuition, but the students OY VEY THE STUDENTS! ARGGGGH! FURY! I literally felt suicidal from the social atmosphere here. And I'm being dead serious, not some whiny drama queen. I had a very small handful of friends here sure, but that number continued to get lower and lower as my stay at LMU progressed. They social atmosphere for the most part is full of moronic, shallow bimbos and jocks who all are obsessed with small talk and BS unoriginal activities, and to make matters worse they have awful and unoriginal philosophies on life and the world around them and never question anything or truly contemplate anything. It's a very un-college like atmosphere. Just a bunch of drones that are pretty much all stuck in absurd fraternities and sororities and i just never fit in to this awful environment, though i tried at first, and frankly i'm glad I ended up giving up as absolutely miserable and outcasted it made me feel. I want 3 1/2 years of my life back and all the money my mom wasted on this place given back to her as well. Don't go to this school. It's a trap. A lump of feces coated in a deceptive gold coating.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A, Individual Value: F

This school is horrible

Nov 29 2012Finance
This school is horrible. I'm currently a senior and I have had nothing but bad experiences with administration. There are some exceptions of great teachers, but they have more than a fair share of horrible ones. Worst of all, no one cares. The students don't do anything about it because nothing gets done from the administrations standpoint. It is very clear they like keeping everything the way it is and don't make decisions on their own behalf so they assume no responsibility. Instead of helping and encouraging students who pay 30-40k a year in tuition, they sweep everything under the rug so they can continue to collect their paycheck without any problems or without putting any real work in. I've had to fight tooth and nail to be able to get a second major and or get my classes/issues addressed. I defiantly regret my discussion enrolling in this university if it weren't for my friends/social circles. Also, a lot of business professor have tenure so they believe they can do whatever they want. Some administration I have talked to about this fully acknowledge it and only answer with things like "thats the way it is". There is no oversight or checking if the professor or anyone is doing their job. The only thing students can do is do a teacher evaluation at the end of the year, which is supposedly has effect on what the courses the professor can teach in the future, but I believe serve no real purpose. And if they do, the damage has already been done from the students GPA standpoint.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

By going to a small, private school (especially

May 10 2011Biology
By going to a small, private school (especially one as expensive as LMU), I expected to be treated as an individual, and at least with a bit of respect. I've never felt like more of a number. It's extremely difficult to get the classes you want, even though one of the things the school supposedly prides itself with is the small class size and relative ease of getting what you want. The people, not all, but a significant amount, are snooty, spoiled rich kids who are arrogant and close-minded. I want out of here!
1st Year Female -- Class 2014