StudentsReview ™ :: Mount St Mary's College - Comments and Student Experiences

Mount Saint Mary's College and Seminary -- Emmitsburg, MD

Mount St Mary's College

I went to the Weekend College, so as

Nov 29 2013Sociology
I went to the Weekend College, so as for the school life, I can't tell you, but the faculty and staff are very approachable and friendly. There is always someone to wreck the moment, but that's a given anywhere. Both campuses are gorgeous. The undergrad students of the traditional program are sort of snooty, don't know why though.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2011
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Useful Schoolwork: C+

T Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! I had a horrible

Nov 26 2012Psychology
T Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! I had a horrible experience! Firstly, the school is not a real college/university at all. So you are paying a great deal of money to get a mediocre education with none of the perks of going to a real university. You can try to convince yourself it does not matter but at the end of the day when you are paying for your education you want all the great things that should come with it. I was bullied my whole first year and finally was able to transfer. That was absolutely the best decision of my life. The Doheny campus is a glorified community college with dorms. You are seriously better off going to El Camino or Santa Monica College, SERIOUSLY! I cannot speak on the Chalon campus when I did visit it had a better feel to it. However, if you do not get into the Chalon campus and they offer you the Doheny route. Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction! It is basically a glorified scam. I understand that at the end of the day they're a business but they are ridiculous what makes me most uneasy is that they prey on first generation low-income students who had a tough time in high school and load them up with more debt. I really do not understand how the administration sleep at night. I had two good professors and they actually suggested for me to leave and agreed my new school would be a better fit. I am so glad they gave me that advice like I said previously it was the best decision I've ever made. Please don't waste your money I promise you'll regret it.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I would do anything to go back and

Jun 25 2012Political Science
I would do anything to go back and not attend MSMC as an undergrad. I would go to a community college and transfer to a reputable university. MSMC is a money pit. They over charge students for a BA degree with mediocre academic standards. MSMC did not challenge me nor was I prepared by this university to attend graduate school. I struggled in grad school and emerged with the necessary skills to take on academics; something that I did not obtain at MSMC. MSMC's comptroller gives loans that students are unable to pay back because the quality of the degree is just not there. I would never take out as many loans for this institution knowning what I know now. I would stay far, far, away from here.
Starting Job: Teacher Preparedness: F Reputation: F