StudentsReview ™ :: San Bernardino Valley College - Comments and Student Experiences

San Bernardino Valley College

teachers are nasty

May 22 2013Criminal
teachers are nasty. most teachers are like math Department. did grace you're the whole class and then the teachers want to give you an F on web advisor... other teachers I think they don't even hear you or see you because they're racist
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

I love SBVC!!! I first went to Chaffey

Mar 31 2011Business - Management and Administration
I love SBVC!!! I first went to Chaffey College and thought I would like it since it was in a nicer side of town...boy was I wrong. But I really like SBVC. Everyone there seems to be pretty friendly. It's in a rough area, but I don't feel unsafe on campus. The professors that I have had are pretty awesome! Students there are really trying to make the best of their education...they are there because they are trying to better themselves and not because their rich parents are making them go just to keep busy. Love this school!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D+

When I entered SBVC, I had just finished

May 01 2004Electrical Engineering
When I entered SBVC, I had just finished a 4 year hitch with the U. S. Navy. I had intended to use my navy training as a basis for my life work (I had been an aviation electrican's mate). It was the aviation that held my fascination, far more than the electrical aspect. I truly enjoyed my college work at SBVC. I DID LEARN from each class that I had. It was after I had had worked for Varian Associates for 3 years that I became aware of my mistake. I had truly enjoyed my naval service and the level of responsiblity that I had earned. So it was in 1962 that I began to consider returning to the navy or going into law enforcement. I applied, was tested and accepted by the San Jose Police Department. This department required a minimum of 60 semister units with at least a C average to just apply. They encourged higher education beyond that level. I found myself adding much academic work to my resume. I have never regarded my education at SBVC. It was not wasted! I just wish I had done a little more inward reflection before I settled upon a major. College broaden my world. I retired in 1987 and I remain active and involved in history, police work and military collecting.
Starting Job: electronics technician with Varian Associates, Palo Alto, Ca. Preparedness: B- Reputation: B+

Maharishi University of Management (IA) 1:negative