StudentsReview :: San Diego State University - Comments and Student Experiences

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA
University of California -- Davis, CA

San Diego State University

Ok obviously SDSU is a party school, butAverageCommunications
Ok obviously SDSU is a party school, but the faculty and students are laid back. There's a lot to do on and off campus, so if you're complaining about your college experience is boring, that's because you're not looking in the right place. Lots of hot women but try to avoid the fraternities and sororities like it's the plague since every semester there's a brand new strain of STD's. Hopefully you'll come to this awesome school.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Innovation: A+, Individual Value: B-
I just finished my first year at SDSUNot so brightAccounting
I just finished my first year at SDSU as a transfer student. I had the option of transferring to several of the UCs but opted to attend SDSU because it is clearly in full upswing and I was excited to be a part of the upward momentum. If you get the chance to live on campu do so. It's just easier to meet more people that way. The beginning of the year is full of awesome events, so take advantage of that, and try to join as many clubs as you can. I also advise incoming transfer students to hit the ground running. I was a 4.0 student coming in but I found myself having to put in A LOT more effort into my studying.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B
I recently finished my first year at SDSU.AverageBusiness - Management and Administration
I recently finished my first year at SDSU. I am an undergrad who lived on campus. Personally, my dorm was the worst on campus, I had the privilege of visiting every other dorm on campus and all I have to say is stay away from Tenochca. My residence hall was always dirty, loud, and broken down. It was also on the farthest side of campus. Enough about that, the academics were tougher than I initially expected but after suffering the blow of my first semester I was able to find a job and work 20+ hrs a week second semester and still earn a 3.0. The campus is absolutely beautiful, probably the most beautiful I have ever seen. One of the biggest turn offs for me was how large the Greek life is. A little less than 20% of the students are Greek but I swear that is incorrect because walking around campus you spot a lettered shirt or tote on nearly every other student. I was never super interested in Greek life mainly because Im not the most outgoing individual who needs constant companionship. But the parties are always fun, if you enjoy plastic bottles of vodka mixed with the cheap fruit punch. The only downside is that some frats are exclusive about who can come into the party and who cannot. Some frat parties only allow sorority girls or claim to be at capacity. I have always felt safe at night but every weekend someone gets assaulted or robbed. The campus holds a lot of events during the beginning of the year but I never attended any because I was typically too busy drinking. SDSU is what everyone says- a party school! What I like is how large the school is; 31,000 students. This can also be a difficult environment to learn in because undergrad lectures contain 500 students. But with all the diversity and people, you are sure to find at least one friend but most likely more. I always loved attending sporting events so a large student body makes for fun and spirited football and basketball games. The ARC (aztec recreation center) aka the gym is the greatest part of the school. There is a steam room and exercise classes are offered everyday. We also have a rock climbing wall. Another awesome feature is the aquaplex that has a pool for lane swimming, a lounging pool, a jacuzzi, and sometime they put up a volleyball net or basketball hoop. We have a bowling alley on campus as well. There is a trolly stop and bus stop right on campus perfect for commuters or anyone who doesn't have transportation and wants to go downtown or explore the city. Overall SDSU was my top choice and I feel blessed everyday to call myself an Aztec.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
University Resource Use: A+, Faculty Accessibility: C+

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→