StudentsReview ™ :: The University of California Santa Barbara - Comments and Student Experiences

University of California -- San Diego, CA
University of California -- Santa Cruz, CA

The University of California Santa Barbara

UCSB combines all of the best elements of

Jan 29 2014Political Science
UCSB combines all of the best elements of college. It's an excellent research university with dedicated faculty, and was ranked #2 research university in the world last year. Despite it being considered a public ivy, the students help each other out and aren't cut-throat competitive like some students at other schools are. It's a friendly and open-minded learning space. While UCSB tops many lists as a "party school", the parties and fun atmosphere are only one aspect of a very multidimensional college. It's not difficult to enjoy yourself and have fun here, but there are many options to spend your free time, if partying isn't your thing. The location is beautiful, and at any point on campus, you're always a just walk away from the beach. IV is it's own little world and is a great beach town, in addition, Santa Barbara and State Street have basically everything. UCSB is a welcoming university, with great quality education, a lot of fun, and facilitates the ideal college experience for various types of students.
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: B

girl me love the way you are styling
Hot and sexy you just can't hide it
Wanna do this every day, let the music play
Me girl call me
Me know dat she wants me
me a me friends tonight
joggling niceselecta
Cause we gonna party, party yeah
Don't me all get morning
pick me upreach full speed
Then mi call them me tell them tonight
Got money ina di pocket and my girl
Gwan whine girl turn me on
She look me me look an up
girl me love the way you are styling
Hot and sexy you just can't hide it
Wanna do this every day, let the music play
Cause we gonna party, party yeah
Just kidding. UCSB actually isn't the best party school due to the cops.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Faculty Accessibility: B

Let me begin by saying that I am

Jun 03 2012History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Let me begin by saying that I am not a stereotypical UCSB girl. I am not blonde, I do not surf, and I do not party (often). However, I made it work for me.

I am a native of Santa Barbara, and originally entertained dreams of attending a more prestigious school than the local mess I grew up knowing only for its headlines about how crazy Halloween was etc.

Having to attend ucsb was initially one of the most devastating times of my life, since I sincerely believed I deserved better, especially as I didn't immediately click with people in the dorms and was concerned about my social life for the next four years. However, I found ways to take advantage of everything sb had to offer - I spent a year studying abroad through the pan UC Education Abroad Program (imagine the resources of all 11 UC campuses thrown into one fabulous program), then came back and did the UCDC program (also pan-UC), spending a quarter in Washington DC doing a prestigious internship that continues to set my resume apart to this day.

I had some absolutely amazing, and some not so amazing professors, but With the exception of a few introductory courses, I found the diversity of classes offered and availability within the history department to offset any initial negative perceptions. I came in with a lot of ap credits, and had a really early pass time (so I got really early pick of my classes), and I managed to graduate a year early. However throughout my time at UCSB, I dabbled in all sorts of extracurriculars and classes, and experienced all sorts of successes.I switched up my housing arrangments for the time I was actually physically present in campus (not long lol), from the dorms, living in iv, to commuting from home, and feel that I sincerely got all sb had to offer.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2010