StudentsReview :: The University of La Verne - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia, PA
Loyola Marymount University -- Los Angeles, CA
University of Southern California -- Los Angeles, CA

The University of La Verne

The school was GREAT for the first to

Jul 02 2013Biology
The school was GREAT for the first to years, but then the lies set in. I went to a private school to get more money and get classes, both faded once they had me hooked as a sophomore; but going into junior year was unbearable, I had to transfer. They are taking WAY too many kids, and do not have the space for them. The school is too political and if you are not everyones favorite, they will make sure you do not succeed. It was disappointing to experience.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Scholastic Success: F

Be careful when dealing with certain administration

Oct 10 2014Kinesiology
Be careful when dealing with certain administration. These people do NOT care about you, they only care about themselves and their little groups. These people are self-absorbed, controlling, arrogant and at times very rude and evil. My advise is to stay away from this place until they clean up their act.P.S. Watch out for the President. She is NOT student friendly. All she cares about is bringing in money for this school. She is NOT I repeat NOT approachable. It's all about her and her $3. Million Presidents house that we the students pay for. This school is a joke.
4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: D-

The best part of my experience were the

Mar 14 2013Athletics/Training
The best part of my experience were the classes, teachers, collegiate sports, and the friends I made. Campus life is very relaxed and friendly. People are not judgemental. The worst part of my experience was the housing. Stu Han and Brandt are not air conditioned. It was over 100 degrees every day for my first six weeks and I could not sleep. There also was not much of a social life at first. Most students went home on weekends, but after awhile I did make good friends. Don't live on campus if you are a partier. They strictly enforce rules and will kick students out of housing and take away financial aid if you party.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017