StudentsReview :: The University of La Verne - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia, PA
Loyola Marymount University -- Los Angeles, CA
University of Southern California -- Los Angeles, CA

The University of La Verne

The school was GREAT for the first to

Jul 02 2013Biology
The school was GREAT for the first to years, but then the lies set in. I went to a private school to get more money and get classes, both faded once they had me hooked as a sophomore; but going into junior year was unbearable, I had to transfer. They are taking WAY too many kids, and do not have the space for them. The school is too political and if you are not everyones favorite, they will make sure you do not succeed. It was disappointing to experience.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Scholastic Success: F

The best part of my experience were the

Mar 14 2013Athletics/Training
The best part of my experience were the classes, teachers, collegiate sports, and the friends I made. Campus life is very relaxed and friendly. People are not judgemental. The worst part of my experience was the housing. Stu Han and Brandt are not air conditioned. It was over 100 degrees every day for my first six weeks and I could not sleep. There also was not much of a social life at first. Most students went home on weekends, but after awhile I did make good friends. Don't live on campus if you are a partier. They strictly enforce rules and will kick students out of housing and take away financial aid if you party.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: D+

I was employed in aireospace engineering/development after l

Jul 22 2012Business - Management and Administration
I was employed in aireospace engineering/development after leaving the Air Force. After 10 years working engineering positions, I found myself of the fast track for promotions. My only problem was I lacked a degree/formal education. After 2-3 years of formal trainin I was moving into management positions.

I spent 10years with Litton Systems (Inertial Gudiance).
Then 12 years with Northrup Aircraft. I left to work at a small engineering company as there Engineering Project Manager, later promoted to Military Programs Manager. I was then offered a position close to home with the Norwegian Company "Tandburg" as thier division manager for

all quality control. Latter, I was recalled to Northrup as a Sr. Design Engineer at the new B2 Facility in Pico Rivera. I left there to accept a position as Asst. Director of Military Programs at McDonnell Douglas Long Beach. When Boeing Aircraft bought them out I was terminated. Now I am retired living in sunny Arizona.

Starting Job: Research Engineer Preparedness: B Reputation: C