StudentsReview :: The University of La Verne - Comments and Student Experiences

Loyola Marymount University -- Los Angeles, CA
University of Southern California -- Los Angeles, CA

The University of La Verne

School is terrible.BrightBiology
School is terrible. It is not worth it at all. All of the professors are incredibly condescending and don't try to help you at all. if you're struggling with mental health they encourage that you drop out. I hate this school but you can't really transfer because since it is a private school, most of your credits dont transfer out. They force you to stay and be miserable or drop out entirely.
1st Year Female -- Class 1923
Campus Aesthetics: B, Education Quality: F
I'm an undergraduate at the University of LaBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I'm an undergraduate at the University of La Verne and let me just start by saying if you are looking for a school that is spirited, is fun, has intelligent people, is a party school, has great sports, and is challenging, La Verne is NOT for you. The reason I came to La Verne was because of small class sizes, for their apparently excellent business major, and because I had a good amount of scholarships. Unfortunately, this school is so unenjoyable all of that stuff does not matter to me anymore. The town of La Verne is so boring, there is nothing to do. And when I mean nothing I mean NOTHING. Everything is closed by 8 and there are no parties at all. On the weekends the school is dead quiet and most students go home. U of La Verne fails at entertaining students with activities on the weekends. Hell, they don't even have a gym open! or volleyball courts or basketball courts! I've never played so many video games and watched so much cheap cable in my life. No one goes to the sporting events(probably because our sports are awful, football has one four games over the past 4 years). This campus is small and uninteresting with a small student body consisting of mostly commuters and unclassy ugly people. Brandt and Stu Han Dorms are disgusting and uncleaned, get in Oaks if you come here its a little better. Now classes here are as easy as they come. Most people here aren't smart enough to succeed so they really dumb it down for them. It's not challenging at all. The one plus is that the teacher will help you and that it's easy to get good grades. So when I get the hell out of here I'll be able to transfer to somewhere somewhat prestigious and fun. And by the way the forbes, us news rankings are BS. This school does not deserve to be that high. It's an all around horrible university.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Useful Schoolwork: B+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
I completely wasted my time and money.Quite BrightEducation
I completely wasted my time and money.Most of the teachers and administrators in our department only hopped from one university to another without real good preparations.they were always in a hurry you can't even ask time for private consultation.I didn't experience the friendly spirit among students in my class,most of the professors had no strong background on subjects they taught ; the university always groped for available teachers - without methods. Honestly, I initially looked up to them for scholarly views,virtues and outstanding scholastic achievements.But I got frustrated.My administrator was one sided and condescending of his faculty's racist attitude.My two other white classmates had no respect for cultural differences and had no cultural sensitivity.Both did not observe their professional conducts in class,always critical,were insecured and self centered.One of the professors spilled the beans-telling me that she was advised to delay my grade in her class. But why? She believed I was a responsible and honest student.Instead she gave me an "A" which I truly deserved .I was almost a straight "A" student.I had a proven record in two other universities where I studied here in the US before and even after I enrolled at ULV. The coordinator had no control about this one teacher's decision.That was done on purpose I know, by the program coordinators who hated me for my strength of character.They acted like cheap back stabbers!They also managed to convince my last course's professor; an administrator ,to delay the grade for my handbook just to get even with me; above all to delay my graduation.Everything was just about revenge on their part because I got into an argument with the asst. coordinator on an issue involving their hard nosed faculty( I was punished for coming late once to class due to an accident). She gave me a poor grade for coming late.My explanation was taken for granted,and worst was that it was interpreted as an unprofessional conduct.A classmate of mine was also late for the same reason.The same professor did not say anything. She also gave permission to two other white students to be absent from our class for a basketball competition (coached by this classmate of mine )Was that for another extra pay?The other student left for a family vacation.their grades were never deducted!(Hey loveless spinster,do you recall the incident now?)They thought of themselves as perfect icons of fine manners .Have they not gossipped at all?As if I didn't know that they sent emails to one another and to students in the class to crucify me.They did this all the time with people they wanted out of their program.The emails leaked through one of our class assignments sent to me with an attachment of the coordinator's email to another student.Huh!Bunch of cowards!Is this the only approach you know about conflict management?where did they ever receive their Master's degree in Administration and supervision?You don't deserve the respect I have offered you for the years I spent with all of you.I am not proud of a degree from your university where false pride and vengeance lurk among the brains and hearts of your faculty .You have victimized me once, you don't deserve another round of applause from any of us foreign scholars.You can suspend my visa but never my spirit.May you be doomed!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2007