StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix - Comments and Student Experiences

DeVry Institute of Technology Phoenix -- Phoenix, AZ
University of Phoenix -- Phoenix, AZ
ITT Technical Institute (Phoenix) -- Phoenix, AZ

The University of Phoenix

This is a school that separates the men

Dec 17 2009Computer Engineering
This is a school that separates the men from the boys. No sissy's allowed. If you will not follow instructions, manage your own time, and learn the concepts on your own then this school is not for you. Just like at any university, for every 1 hour you spend in class you need to reserve 3 hours out of class. You should know the material before you go to class at a ground campus anyway. The classroom lecture is only for clarification not to be spoon fed material.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+, Extracurricular Activities: B-

I was very stratified with my Academic Counselor

Nov 20 2009School of Information
I was very stratified with my Academic Counselor Alyce Groggs and Andrea Hernandez my Financial Counselor. They were always helpful and had a genuine interest in me as a person. The instructors are well rounded and challenge you in both thought and understanding of the materials. I am very happy to have attended UOP I don?t think I could have completed my degree with my time constraints and work life.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: C+

This college is a rip off

Jan 04 2010Genetics
This college is a rip off. I was there for only one year and could not take it anymore! They kept notifying me that I did not pay my tuition (when I did) and the professors aren't professionals in their field. This is a 100% degree-mill school, it offers no challenge and is so easy a 9th grader could do the courses while graduating with a 4.0 GPA! The current research company I work for made a policy to throw out resumes from anyone who graduated from this college, I am lucky they hired me!
1st Year Male -- Class 2010