StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix - Comments and Student Experiences

ITT Technical Institute (Phoenix) -- Phoenix, AZ

The University of Phoenix

I was very stratified with my Academic Counselor

Nov 20 2009School of Information
I was very stratified with my Academic Counselor Alyce Groggs and Andrea Hernandez my Financial Counselor. They were always helpful and had a genuine interest in me as a person. The instructors are well rounded and challenge you in both thought and understanding of the materials. I am very happy to have attended UOP I don?t think I could have completed my degree with my time constraints and work life.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: C+

This college is a rip off

Jan 04 2010Genetics
This college is a rip off. I was there for only one year and could not take it anymore! They kept notifying me that I did not pay my tuition (when I did) and the professors aren't professionals in their field. This is a 100% degree-mill school, it offers no challenge and is so easy a 9th grader could do the courses while graduating with a 4.0 GPA! The current research company I work for made a policy to throw out resumes from anyone who graduated from this college, I am lucky they hired me!
1st Year Male -- Class 2010
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Education Quality: F

University of Phoenix is a means to an

Jun 11 2007Other
University of Phoenix is a means to an end. To be charitable one could call it non-traditional, if one wasn't so inclined it could be called a degree factory. It isn't a scam but I don't believe academic excellence is their true goal, corporate profits are the goal. I don't know exactly how much better or wore it is than other schools, but I do know its reputation is not that hot. That beig said, it is MUCH better than not degree and it has not hindered me at all in my applications for Grad school.
Starting Job: Senior Programmer Analyst Preparedness: B- Reputation: D