StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix - Comments and Student Experiences

ITT Technical Institute (Phoenix) -- Phoenix, AZ

The University of Phoenix

If you bare going to Uiniversity of Phoenix,

Jan 22 2009Accounting
If you bare going to Uiniversity of Phoenix, you are making your lifes nigest mistake, you will end up with atleast 30,000 dollars in student loan, and a degree that no one will honor. so do youself a favor and just DONT GO TO UOP, I recieved my B.S.degree in accounting and I was never able to find a job, infact, one employer laughed at me when he saw UOP on my resume, and State Scools, such as Cal State LA and Northrideg will not even let you put your feet on their campus for an MBA
2nd Year Male -- Class 2006
Surrounding City: A, Social Life: F

University of Phoenix is a means to an

Jun 11 2007Other
University of Phoenix is a means to an end. To be charitable one could call it non-traditional, if one wasn't so inclined it could be called a degree factory. It isn't a scam but I don't believe academic excellence is their true goal, corporate profits are the goal. I don't know exactly how much better or wore it is than other schools, but I do know its reputation is not that hot. That beig said, it is MUCH better than not degree and it has not hindered me at all in my applications for Grad school.
Starting Job: Senior Programmer Analyst Preparedness: B- Reputation: D

If you wish to learn and have the

Apr 25 2008Business - Management and Administration
If you wish to learn and have the self-discipline this is a good school for you. However, if you do like a challenge and wish to skate through with the minimum grade this is also for you.

I find that a lot of my fellow students are ill-equipped for university work. In a learning team environment this can be frustrating.

Faculty for the most part are serious about their work and no one gets a free pass. Students who have not done their work are not given 'A's and students who do not contribute to team assignments are not given team grades. The education may not be as extensive and indepth as other colleges but for those who are serious about their work 5 weeks is a competitive amount of time to complete the full course work and actually learn something.

I will match my knowledge and skills set with any graduate in my field any day and I am sure I can hold my own.

UoP does not have the sterling reputation of a Yale or Harvard and should not be expected to. However I promise you, those who wish to learn have done so and can function effectively in their field of choice.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2009