StudentsReview ™ :: Yuba College - Comments and Student Experiences

Yuba College

Teachers can be helpful,

Jan 08 2013Business - Management and Administration
Teachers can be helpful, but don't really care. Depending on the teacher the class can be very hard or so easy you can sleep through it and still get an A. It's best to just get your classes over with and transfer

Hi all,

Aug 03 2012Sociology
Hi all,
I need to alert you to avoid taking class in Allied American University. I took couple courses in the past. When I had hard questions and problems, some instructor did not really help and I ended with a F failure, and I need to a fee to retake the course again.

This time is a terrible thing happened to me. I was scheduled to take my final exam with my proctor on July 28 and my course deadline was July 29th.

I was so ill on July 28 and I called my proctor to reschedule July 29 but my proctor was not available on 29 which is Sunday. I called Allied American University but no one was working on Sunday. On the other hand, I was so dizzy and I thought I will call Allied American University on Monday to let me take my final exam on July 30 due to my illness, and I could not take in on the date before the deadline. The student adviser told me to fill the incomplete form and sign and email it to my instructor. I did email the signed incomplete form to my instructor who is Dr. Susan Fournier and also left her a message asking her to allow me to take my final exam and told her I was so ill and I missed my final exam before the deadline. She said that it was out of her control due to the school policy and I called and talked to the school supervisor, her name is Sasha Heard and she said that she will follow up with my instructor and let me know the result.

The response is that I need to pay a fee and retake my course from the beginning, and the most upset me is that I got a grade D in my record which is not accepted by my school that I would like to enroll into the program. I got a decent scores for each assignment of the course.

And after my retake, it will still showed that I D as my old student GPA and my new grade.
I feel very unfair to post a grade D in my grade for missing my final exam before deadline due to my illness. And they were just wasting my time by telling me to fill the incomplete form while they already know that they are not going to approve my extension of taking my final exam any way.

If I could afford to pay to take the same course with other school, I would not retake this course with Allied American University.I would alert someone not to fall in my situation, and I personally would never recommend anyone to this school.

College on verge of bankrupcy

May 15 2012Computer Engineering
College on verge of bankrupcy. Has lost accredation, Built new buildings a few years back, but only 1/2 utilized. In process of building new facility offsite with purpose of retraining adults, but hours of new facility is 8-5. Adults need evening classes as well!!Programs are outdated. Mind set of management is $$ rather than providing a community service. C++ professor is very condescending, unhelpful, selfAbsorbed and tells students on regular basis they are stupid, incompetent and uncapable of learning. N+ and A+ classes are outdated and need major revamp. Overall, I don't beleive the college is interested in providing a good education to the local residence but more in to collecting a paycheck. Very disappointed about the quality and dedication of most of the professors.
5th Year Female -- Class 1994