Redstone College - Comments and Student Experiences|
A couple thing to consider if your thinking of going to school here;
1. That 93% job placement rate they have is tracked by the school and there is a list of things that disallow people from the list that can't get jobs. I believe this number is very misleading.
2. For the money this is a very expensive school. If you or your child are looking at going here it is a good school if you lack focus or motivation (not saying thats bad) but they will push you through (which some people need). There are public schools that offer Aviation programs, public schools are well funded and a fraction of the price of Redstone. Also remember for profit schools have the highest default on student loans.
3. There are a number of great teachers here, but they they also have a few very unprofessional teachers. Some teachers clearly played favorites, but that's life.
4. If choosing between Avionics and A&P, think hard about Avionics. Avionics have much better and newer equipment plus the A&P side graduates a lot more people. There seems to be a better job market for Avionics.
5. The job board is a mess, I seriously have problems with old posts never being taken down. No dates, large gaps in scrolling, not well maintained.
-If someone wants to disagree with me, that is fine. If you had a great experience at the school great! Post about your experience. People should have information so they can make an educated decision. The only people that I know that got the desirable jobs that paid good money are ones that had experience working on planes in the military (recruiting companies are very clear they are looking to hire diversified students, so if you are one it helps). If you have that experience this might be a good school for you.
Luckily, I was able to return to a field I had started in before I ever attended CAT. I currently make just a hair less than 3 times the hourly wage I ever made as an aviation technician,, have better shifts/hours and benefits. My advice for those thinking about a 'career' as an aviation maintenance technician...save your money, look another way. It's not worth it unless you care little for job security, being able to provide for your family and having the benefits to keep you and yours healthy and secure and only care about being around the aircraft.
Are you a student and about to sign the very first lease in your li... more→