StudentsReview ™ :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

Honestly, do NOT waste your time or your

Feb 26 2014Business - Management and Administration
Honestly, do NOT waste your time or your money with CCU! It is completely OVER-priced and they misrepresent who they are! You would be better off forgetting the "Christian" portion and just attending a non-Christian school - or at least not CCU. All they care about is their $ and the tuition is completely over-priced. I would never recommend this school, period. There is no easy way to access the people you need when you have questions. You get blown off. Their courses are NOT 5-week blocks, either. They are 6-weeks because they fail to tell you about the FINAL week that carries into the beginning week of the next class. So, essentially you are killing yourself to get the highest point assignment completed when you are already beginning another class.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Individual Value: F

I find myself frequently asking "Am I still

Feb 07 2014Other
I find myself frequently asking "Am I still in High School?" More and more, I am convinced the answer is yes. CCU is essentially a high school masquerading as an institution of higher education. The classes are not challenging, and consist mostly of busy work. They do not require critical thinking, just mindless regurgitation of information. If a class does require critical thinking, you had better say what the professor wants to hear or you will receive a poor grade. My high school classes were more difficult and more interesting. Not only are the academics sub-par, but CCU is akin to a high school socially as well. There is endless drama. Roommate drama is out of control. If you and your roommate do not get along, they send you both to counseling instead of letting you switch rooms like a normal university. The girls are always complaining that the boys are not interested in them. (Which is true because there are two girls for every one boy, but that is beside the point.) The girls will compete with each other for male attention. They boys are frustrated that the girls will not leave them alone and frequently complain about all the "crazy women". People have little motivation and complain constantly. So, if you are up for another four years of high school, go to CCU. If not, do not go here.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: C, Useful Schoolwork: F

CCU markets itself based on the "community"

Feb 07 2014Education
CCU markets itself based on the "community". As a result, academics suffer. The classes are mostly busy work, and I do not feel I learned much, except for in the classes relating to my major. Although all people talk about is how great the people are and how great the "CCU Community" is, if you are not exactly like everyone else, they do not want you around. I am shy, and I was repeatedly told that there was something wrong with me. My RA even told me I should go to counseling because I did not fit in. Unless you are extremely extroverted, loud, and upper-middle class, I would not recommend going here. Many students here think they are better than everyone else, and the treat you like they are better than you. Once you realize CCU is not the school for you, it is too late, because they trap you with classes that do not transfer, so either you are stuck at CCU or go somewhere else and basically have to start school over. In the winter the roads and sidewalks are not plowed, and the classrooms are cold. Most of the buildings are falling apart. The dining quality is terrible, and they do not make accommodations for food allergies. Also, whenever you want to talk about academics or finances, you get shuffled from department to department until you finally give up. If I would have known what I know now, I would not have chosen to go to CCU.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015