StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

I would SERIOUSLY think twice about attending thisBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I would SERIOUSLY think twice about attending this "university." There are many unprofessional things that occur with the administration. Good luck on receiving your diploma anytime after graduation. You pay SO much for SO little in return. It's simply not worth it! Save yourself the $ and focus on advancing at your employer. You will regret the money spent!
Starting Job: Manager; Reputation: F
CCU is a complete joke! The school misleadsBrightCriminal
CCU is a complete joke! The school misleads students by situating themselves under "Christian" banner and reminding me again why so many disregard believers and think we are liars and hypocrites. The tuition isn't even close to worth what you get. The instruction online is completely non existent and the administrators don't care period. They don't want to be bothered with the students even though we fund their paychecks. Students do all the work (teach themselves and do assignments) and the majority of the instructors sit and do nothing. If you think this is teaching and getting a quality education, you are very mistaken. I would never ever recommend this "school"
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: B+, Faculty Accessibility: F
First off, the coursework is really great.BrightOther
First off, the coursework is really great. I am learning quite a bit through CCU. I am a Theology major, and our department is top-of-the-line. As it is a Christian University, there are standards and boundaries as to how far out one can believe theologically. But CCU works hard to include as many Christian beliefs as they believe they feasibly can. Non-Christians are allowed to attend as well. Professors are very friendly and approachable, and will bend over backwards to make sure you are able to excel in their courses. Every one of my professors knows me by name, and I feel free to ask them about anything that I don't understand. For the most part, I don't have the urge to sleep in class, because the information is interesting, and the professors are just plain fun to listen to. Also, everyone here is pretty friendly. I am not a socialite, but I haven't had trouble finding friends.

However, I would be remiss to not mention a couple of things that aren't so great. The food is for the most part, awful. Breakfast is pretty good, albeit unhealthy. I eat elsewhere as often as I can find an excuse to, and I am planning to learn to cook this summer so that I don't have to eat the food here. There are sometimes when the food is decent, but it is the exception not the rule.

Secondly, though this may just be the country mouse in me speaking, Denver SUCKS. The whole city is basically a dump. Sure, there are a few nice areas, but it is really hit and miss. CCU brags that they are 15 minutes from the mountains, but what they mean is the crappy little foothills that Denver likes to think of as mountains. To get to real mountains you have to drive another hour or two west. Believe me, as soon as I graduate, I will be driving my doors off to get out of Denver, and Colorado. Basically the whole state is dumpy little towns and dumpy big cities. Though I feel safe on campus night and day, I wouldn't go anywhere else alone at night walking, because it would creep me out.

The weather is also pretty hit and miss. Sometimes, we get seventy degree days, then the next day is a blizzard. But then it all melts the next day and then we repeat the process. I can usually plan on wearing a t-shirt and shorts most days, though. The hail is apparently pretty bad here. I'm praying that I make it through my four years without any hail damage to my vehicle.

The campus aesthetics are getting there. They are in the middle of a huge campus redevelopment, and the campus will be pretty nice after that, but right now there is a lot of construction, and there is machinery operating when I am trying to sleep. We do have apartment-style housing, which is VERY nice!

Just one more thing. It seems like there is a lot of pressure to find a significant other here. If I am simply spotted having an in-depth conversation with a girl, it is assumed that we are going to start dating. People don't accept that some people (like me) actually choose to be single and are happy with that. However, the girls are very nice here, and if you're into that kind of thing, you shouldn't have a problem finding a date. Plus the ratio is like three girls for every guy.

Please don't take this review as negative. I love CCU, and would never switch schools. There are just a few things you should consider before you go here. If you are wanting city life, Denver is not what you are wanting. As long as you are simply coming here for school, you'll be fine. Also, the mountains can be beautiful, you just have to be willing to drive a ways for them.Hope this helps someone in their decision!

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F
Compare CCUSave CCU

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→