StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

I would strongly suggest that you would spend

Feb 04 2014Social Work
I would strongly suggest that you would spend a lot of time in prayer before committing to CCU. In my experience they rolled out the red carpet for student previews and promised the stars but once enrolled found administration and a good percentage of the faculty to be less than helpful in any area of life. In one instance when asking for help in the classroom I was told to go find a different school. Don't expect anything but trouble trying to get transcripts from them upon graduation either. CCU does not live up to its name and would much rather invest in new buildings than its alumni or students. It should by no means be a non-profit, and when half of the feedback on CCU is negative I would be skeptical. Again I would strongly suggest spending time in prayer and doing a good amount of research on other schools. There are a lot of Christian schools that are less expensive and I guarantee you will get the same education if not better and find administration and faculty that care a lot more.
Starting Job: Laborer Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F

Is spoken of as a great school, but

Sep 28 2013Business - Management and Administration
Is spoken of as a great school, but after over a year here, I find myself asking my roommates "have you learned anything?" And all of our responses are "no...." The school claims to be ranked in the top 2%, but I have not been able to find this ranking anywhere after hours of searching. Multiple times I have registered for classes with a specific professor, been told I got into the class, and then at the last minute been switched into an entirely different class due to organizational problems and the overbooking of sections. I then either have professors with a mere undergraduate degree, or who have only ever taught online classes.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F

CCU markets itself based on the "community"

Feb 07 2014Education
CCU markets itself based on the "community". As a result, academics suffer. The classes are mostly busy work, and I do not feel I learned much, except for in the classes relating to my major. Although all people talk about is how great the people are and how great the "CCU Community" is, if you are not exactly like everyone else, they do not want you around. I am shy, and I was repeatedly told that there was something wrong with me. My RA even told me I should go to counseling because I did not fit in. Unless you are extremely extroverted, loud, and upper-middle class, I would not recommend going here. Many students here think they are better than everyone else, and the treat you like they are better than you. Once you realize CCU is not the school for you, it is too late, because they trap you with classes that do not transfer, so either you are stuck at CCU or go somewhere else and basically have to start school over. In the winter the roads and sidewalks are not plowed, and the classrooms are cold. Most of the buildings are falling apart. The dining quality is terrible, and they do not make accommodations for food allergies. Also, whenever you want to talk about academics or finances, you get shuffled from department to department until you finally give up. If I would have known what I know now, I would not have chosen to go to CCU.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015