StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

I find myself frequently asking "Am I still

Feb 07 2014Other
I find myself frequently asking "Am I still in High School?" More and more, I am convinced the answer is yes. CCU is essentially a high school masquerading as an institution of higher education. The classes are not challenging, and consist mostly of busy work. They do not require critical thinking, just mindless regurgitation of information. If a class does require critical thinking, you had better say what the professor wants to hear or you will receive a poor grade. My high school classes were more difficult and more interesting. Not only are the academics sub-par, but CCU is akin to a high school socially as well. There is endless drama. Roommate drama is out of control. If you and your roommate do not get along, they send you both to counseling instead of letting you switch rooms like a normal university. The girls are always complaining that the boys are not interested in them. (Which is true because there are two girls for every one boy, but that is beside the point.) The girls will compete with each other for male attention. They boys are frustrated that the girls will not leave them alone and frequently complain about all the "crazy women". People have little motivation and complain constantly. So, if you are up for another four years of high school, go to CCU. If not, do not go here.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: C, Useful Schoolwork: F

I would strongly suggest that you would spend

Feb 04 2014Social Work
I would strongly suggest that you would spend a lot of time in prayer before committing to CCU. In my experience they rolled out the red carpet for student previews and promised the stars but once enrolled found administration and a good percentage of the faculty to be less than helpful in any area of life. In one instance when asking for help in the classroom I was told to go find a different school. Don't expect anything but trouble trying to get transcripts from them upon graduation either. CCU does not live up to its name and would much rather invest in new buildings than its alumni or students. It should by no means be a non-profit, and when half of the feedback on CCU is negative I would be skeptical. Again I would strongly suggest spending time in prayer and doing a good amount of research on other schools. There are a lot of Christian schools that are less expensive and I guarantee you will get the same education if not better and find administration and faculty that care a lot more.
Starting Job: Laborer Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F

CCU markets itself based on the "community"

Feb 07 2014Education
CCU markets itself based on the "community". As a result, academics suffer. The classes are mostly busy work, and I do not feel I learned much, except for in the classes relating to my major. Although all people talk about is how great the people are and how great the "CCU Community" is, if you are not exactly like everyone else, they do not want you around. I am shy, and I was repeatedly told that there was something wrong with me. My RA even told me I should go to counseling because I did not fit in. Unless you are extremely extroverted, loud, and upper-middle class, I would not recommend going here. Many students here think they are better than everyone else, and the treat you like they are better than you. Once you realize CCU is not the school for you, it is too late, because they trap you with classes that do not transfer, so either you are stuck at CCU or go somewhere else and basically have to start school over. In the winter the roads and sidewalks are not plowed, and the classrooms are cold. Most of the buildings are falling apart. The dining quality is terrible, and they do not make accommodations for food allergies. Also, whenever you want to talk about academics or finances, you get shuffled from department to department until you finally give up. If I would have known what I know now, I would not have chosen to go to CCU.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015