StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

Is spoken of as a great school, but

Sep 28 2013Business - Management and Administration
Is spoken of as a great school, but after over a year here, I find myself asking my roommates "have you learned anything?" And all of our responses are "no...." The school claims to be ranked in the top 2%, but I have not been able to find this ranking anywhere after hours of searching. Multiple times I have registered for classes with a specific professor, been told I got into the class, and then at the last minute been switched into an entirely different class due to organizational problems and the overbooking of sections. I then either have professors with a mere undergraduate degree, or who have only ever taught online classes.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F

This school is an utter disappointment

Feb 26 2013Other
This school is an utter disappointment. Courses are FAR too easy. Staff is terrible. Leadership from within is what shocked me the most. I have never seen a University act more like a for-profit, number producing, mess. This school would not survive a day in the East Coast private schools. If there is a word to describe this, I would use PHONY, followed by UNPROFESSIONAL!

I would strongly suggest that you would spend

Feb 04 2014Social Work
I would strongly suggest that you would spend a lot of time in prayer before committing to CCU. In my experience they rolled out the red carpet for student previews and promised the stars but once enrolled found administration and a good percentage of the faculty to be less than helpful in any area of life. In one instance when asking for help in the classroom I was told to go find a different school. Don't expect anything but trouble trying to get transcripts from them upon graduation either. CCU does not live up to its name and would much rather invest in new buildings than its alumni or students. It should by no means be a non-profit, and when half of the feedback on CCU is negative I would be skeptical. Again I would strongly suggest spending time in prayer and doing a good amount of research on other schools. There are a lot of Christian schools that are less expensive and I guarantee you will get the same education if not better and find administration and faculty that care a lot more.
Starting Job: Laborer Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F